Part 8: Ignored

A ear piercing noise stabbed Steven's ears, causing him to jump out of his covers. His phone's alarm was ringing, the loud sound echoing through the house. He quickly switched it off, laying back down and breathing heavily. He was still focused on the events of the previous day, and how he'd screwed everything up for Y/N. He checked his phone. No new messages. "Steven." It was Garnet, who had suddenly appeared at the foot of his bed. Her star-shaped visor was off, revealing her three beautifully shaped eyes, each of them glimmering in the morning sun. "Garnet, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. The party yesterday was a disaster, and now Y/N's ignoring me! How do I help him?" Steven asked, tears running down his plump face. "You helped Y/N, in a certain way, because of what you did. If you listened to Kevin, and he finished his sentence, Y/N would be heartbroken." Garnet responded, scooting closer.

"But he also said things that I didn't understand- what did he mean, certain preferences? What made him decide on being there for his parents?" Steven said, his face inches from Garnet's.

"You."

"I don't get it," Steven said, rubbing his temples. Garnet sighed, her middle eye slowly closing. "Y/N always felt uncomfortable around his family, I forsaw that," she paused, then continued quietly, "But after seeing how close you are to us, and how you can pull people-families together- he became inspired to help his, even if they dislike him." Steven looked down- he was glad that he was seen as a role model, but if that meant Y/N was ignoring him out of anger, he would rather just be normal. "What about the pref-" he began, but stopped when he saw Garnet shake her head. "I can't tell you that, but when the time comes, you'll find out." There was a brief moment of silence.

"You know, at first I thought that love like this wouldn't last, but looking at myself, and you and Y/N, you've proved me wrong. Me and Pearl." She said, getting up and preparing to leave. Steven blushed, but not from embarassment. "Love." He thought, his bed making a poof noise as he collapsed back on it. His phone was still clutched in his hands.

Y/N 🐱

No recent messages from Y/N 🐱

You: "Hey Y/N, I know you're probably mad at me but, after talking with Garnet I've decided that I want to apologise. I see you as a close friend and, whenever you're ready, you can tell me what's wrong, and I'll support and care about you always."

Your message was read by Y/N 🐱

No response. Two blue ticks had appeared by his message, and yet no reply was seen whatsoever. Now Steven was really panicking. If Y/N had seen his message, and saw how sorry he was, then why was he ignoring him? Surely he didn't need this much space- why couldn't he just text back already?! Why!? Steven felt an unknown heat flood him. He could tell he was pink, he could practically feel the glow in his cheeks. He had never felt this way before- he had never felt this possesive of someone before. He through his covers over his head and sulkily curled up under his blanket, knocking his phone onto the floor and cracking it. Why did he feel this way? Y/N was the same as Connie- a good friend- but yet Steven had never been like this with her. Sure, he'd gotten worried and upset about their friendship before, but not to the same level as this. This was more a, protective boyfriend kind of feeling, to say the least. Literally. Y/N practically made him want to explode. In more ways than one. He supposed he wasn't such an innocent child anymore, but to feel like this? Not to mention Y/N was a boy. Now, Steven had no problem at all with same-sex couples, hell, one of his guardians was the embodiment of it- but he had never even thought of being that close to a boy. He thought he was completely straight for the longest time, until- well- right now really. All because Y/N came along and mixed up his emotions.

Steven groaned, burying his head deep into the covers and trying to figure out his emotions. Not only now was he frantically worried about his friend, but now there was a new feeling too. Lust. Steven blushed at the thought of it. But then the dread kicked in. "If Y/N doesn't like me anymore, we can't even be friends, let alone being a couple," He thought. He supposed Garnet forsaw this too. Why couldn't she have warned him at first. "Ughhh," he said angrily, his stomach grumbling in hot pain. Then, a small ping from the floor alerted him that he'd recieved a text. "Please be Y/N, please be Y/N," he thought desperately, but, alas, it was Connie.

Connie 💫

Connie💫: "Hey Steven, I'm coming round to Beach City for a few days and I was thinking of me and you going round town and stuff for a few hours later today for some alone time, is 3:00 till 8:00 okay?"

You: "Yeah that sounds great Connie! I'll be there!"

Steven slid out of bed and landed on the floor with a loud thump. There went his day of sulking and laying in bed all morning. He quickly showered, and put his clothes on, praying that this day out would somehow take his mind of Y/N and everything that was going on.

And boy was he wrong-