Chapter Eight

They decided to have a sleepover that night.

They sat in the bed for hours, watching the cute cartoon bears play and relax on the tv. Shouto's Hello Kitty table lamp had long been turned off, leaving the tv as the only light in the room.Their limbs were intertwined, Izuku's hand lightly running his strong fingers along the small of Shouto's back. He snuggled into his carer's chest, causing Izuku to smile, and travel his hand up to his soft two toned hair.

"Papa..?" The small one gazed up at him with wide eyes.

"Yes baby?"

"I'm sleepy..." He pouted slightly.

Izuku tapped his lip lightly, thinking. The light of the tv gave a blue glow to his skin, making his jawline and collarbone glow beautifully.

"Well, I think I have an idea!"

The taller boy hopped out of bed, leaving Shouto looking sleepy and confused. He quietly dashed out of the room, returning shortly- Shouto nearly dozed off in the time he was gone.

When he returned, he held something in his hand: a sippie cup!

He must have found my old one in the cupboard..! Shouto thought, but was too tired to say.

Izuku climbed into bed, sliding his arm underneath the small one, cradling him. He lifted the baby blue sippie cup to Shouto's lips, blushing as he did. Shouto became flustered himself, grabbing the cup, and began to drink the warm milk inside. Izuku held him tight in his muscular arms, as Shouto slowly drifted to sleep, resting on his strong chest.

---

Izuku was awoken suddenly in the night.

A small noise had awoken him, which would have been inaudible had it not been from his own chest. Izuku rubbed the sleep out of his eyes, and quickly realized the noise was coming from the sleeping boy in his arms. Shouto was making small, pleading noises, and squirming slightly. Izuku began to pet his hair.

Suddenly his face compressed into a scowl, muttering in his sleep.

"Shou, baby? Are you okay..?" He shook the boy gently, causing him to wake with a start.

Shouto looked at him with wide eyes, tears making them look glossy and innocent.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Izuku asked, his heart suddenly sinking. Shouto buried his head into the other's chest, mumbling.

"N-Nightmare..."

"Nightmare? Oh no, c'mere kiddo-" He wrapped his arms around the smaller boy, and began to pet his hair. Shouto sniffled against his chest.

"'Was scary... I didn't wike it..." The boy whined.  

"Shh, shh... it's okay baby boy..." He shushed and rocked the boy gently, trying his best to console the boy. Once his whines and whimpers became small sniffles, he tried to think of ways to make Shouto smile.

"I know just the thing to make you feel better, kiddo." Izuku said gently, smiling kindly at the other boy.

"Y-You do?" He said between sniffles, and wiped his nose. Izuku hopped out of bed once again, this time retrieving something off of Shouto's shelf, then proceeding to kneel by the foot of the bed. 

Shouto was confused. How come Papa is sitting on the floor..?  He thought, before suddenly, his bear, Snowflake, appeared! From behind the bed, Izuku made the white plush bear dance and play, making Shouto giggle happily! It was like his own little puppet show. The bear even gave Shouto a kiss on the nose, before his Papa popped up cheerily from behind the bed, placing a little kiss from himself in the same spot on the little boy's face. This made Shouto giggle out of surprise and excitedness.

"Papa, you always know just how to make me feel better..!" Izuku chuckled and handed the white bear into the boy's arms. He began to slip back under his comforter, stuffed bear in hand.

"How do you do it, how do you always know just... what to do..." Shouto yawned.

"Well, " Izuku said, still sitting at the edge of the bed. He paused a moment, staring at his hands. "you're my darling Little Prince, and I'm your Knight. And Knights always know just what to do for their Little Prince."

He finally looked over at the tucked in boy, but to his surprise, Shouto had fallen instantly asleep.

Heh, poor thing. He must have been so tired.

Izuku carefully tucked himself in next to him, before gingerly brushing his two-toned hair behind his ear.

"And Knights always protect their Prince. Always." He smiled, before placing a light kiss to his forehead, and turning off the light.

---

---

---

a/n so this got way fluffier than I ever imagined, I hope u guys like it !!! Im not used to writing things so sweet. Also, someone a while back commented how they could easily imagine shouto as short in this fic, so i decided to write him as such XD i imagine shou is still his canon height, Izuku just had a growth spurt XD I can also imagine them more as sophomores or juniors just bc of timing/pacing reasons, i imagine theyve known eachother a year or two before they started dating. Just some insight from my mind as you read this fic, although feel free to ignore these suggestions :) Thanks for 20k reads!!!!!!! Ily all <3