Chapter 2

Thankfully Baekhyun did leave Soohyun before the next morning.Soohyun was really really really grateful that he didn't recognize her and left her alone without asking any questions.It would cause huge trouble if he actually recognized her.He didn't see her a lot of times anyway.So it was natural that he wouldn't recognize her.

Anyway Soohyun was really happy that she could get back to her life like peacefully.Seven days went by like this.

It's 10 pm and time to close the book store.There were a few customers in still who were still in reading some books.They didn't seem to notice the time.It is hard for anyone to keep track of time when you are reading a good book.

Soohyun had to ring a bell to get everyone's attention.
"It's time to close the book store,everyone,"she said smiling at everyone.

Her book store is really a famous place for everyone in their small town.They can buy and also read books here.It is a book store/library.She didn't know what to call it so she just calls it Book store.Students can also come here to study.The environment over here is lovely for reading.

"Yeonhee unnie,I will come again tomorrow after exam,"Minji said before returning a book to Soohyun.Minji is a regular at book store.She always studies here and seems to admire Soohyun.

Soohyun smiled,"Okay,Min.Good luck for you exam and I will find the books you need tomorrow so you can get to study as soon as you come here.Okay?"

"Okay,unnie."Minji bowed and left.

She was the last one.So Soohyun only needs to organize the books and then she can leave for home.

When Soohyun reached home it was 10:45. She got distracted by a cute cat she saw on the road.

She was pretty tired today.So she decided to go straight to bed after washing up.But her plan got thrown outside the window as soon as she stepped into her home.The lights were turned on and someone was sitting comfortably on the couch.

She sighed.She didn't see the person but she just knows it's Byun Baekhyun.She was happy for nothing these seven days.

Soohyun thought for a few seconds.What would be the best option for now?Go face him in the living room?Or turn around and run away from home?

Soohyun decided that it would be better to just run away for now.She can handle the rest later.She is really good at running away.So she turned around and was just about to run away.

But Baekhyun shouted from the living room,"I know that you are home and are thinking of running away.Let me save you some energy,it won't work.I brought backup."

Crap.

Soohyun had no other option but to get in to the living room now.There She could see him,comfortably on her couch,drinking her beer.Very nice.

Baekhyun signed at her to sit on the couch in front of him.She did what he said.Sat face to face with him.

She didn't notice that night but he surely has gotten more handsome over the years.His silver hair complimented his face perfectly.Soohyun didn't even notice that she was starring at him for a long time.

"Done checking out?"Baekhyun asked while sipping his beer.

Soohyun quickly looked away.She was embarrassed.

Baekhyun chuckled,"So you saved me 7 days ago.Do you remember that?"

She nodded,"And I clearly told you to leave the day after.That also meant I didn't really wanna see you ever again.So...."

Baekhyun chuckled,stopping her."Why do you not want to see me again,kitten?Am I not handsome enough for you to want to see me again?I thought you would be happy to see me."

Soohyun quickly came up with an excuse,"You looked like trouble and I don't really want to get involved with police.So yeah...And it is also pretty rude to come in someone's house without permission no matter how big of a mafia you are."

Baekhyun smirked,"How did you know that I am a mafia?"

Great work digging your own grave,Lee Soohyun.

Soohyun didn't show any emotion.Just said,"You look like one."

Baekhyun chuckled again,"So what's your name?"

Soohyun fake smiled,"I'm Yoo Yeonhee.And you?"

This was the name everyone in this town knew her by.She couldn't risk using her real name and having anyone find her.

Baekhyun looked serious this time,"You already know me."

"I don't ."

"The night I was shot I heard you shout "Byun fucking Baekhyun". So how do you know my name?"

Soohyun laughed nervously,"You heard that?I thought you were unconscious."

"Stop this bullshit,Lee Soohyun.Did you really think I wouldn't recognize you?I recognized you the first moment I saw you.And That is exactly why I held on to you that night.Because I knew you."

Soohyun sighed.Great.

Soohyun said,"What do you want,Baekhyun?"

Baekhyun smirked,"Why're you getting all serious right now,Soohyun?Let's chat a bit.Is this where you were all these years..."

"Get to the damn point,Baekhyun."

"Woah,is our Soohyun angry?"

Soohyun glared at him.

Baekhyun chuckled,"Fine,I will get to the point.I need your help.It was such a happy coincidence I found you when we needed you the most."

"What does that mean?"

"Shades are planning to take down Cards.We need a skilled fighter and brain like you."

Soohyun laughed hysterically.After she stopped she looked straight at Baekhyun .Her eyes were filled with fire and anger."No.Leave now.Lets never meet again."

Baekhyun smirked,"You still have the fire they talk about.I'm convinced that you are perfect for this project...If this project succeeds it will help both us and your gang or at least ex gang.The two of us together will rule the whole Korea."

Soohyun scoffed,"You want me to believe that?"

"Cards were being so annoying,they didn't let any of us set a foot in Busan.Both us and your gang were done with it.So we,shades came up with the solution of being united with your gang and getting rid of Cards.Help us."

"No."

"It would take less than an year.After that you would be free.I guarantee your freedom forever."

"How are you so sure that they would agree to be united with you."

Baekhyun smiled darkly,"I would give them something they want badly if they form an alliance with us."

Soohyun raised her brows.

Baekhyun chuckled,"Control over whole Korea.Isn't it what they always wanted?"

Soohyun still wasn't convinced.

Baekhyun said,"Oh,come on.How much do I have to convince you?"

"Still no."

Baekhyun's face hardened,"Fine,then I would have to burn down your book store and a few houses in your town to convince you."

Soohyun glared at him.

"I will back after two days,kitten.Better make up your mind till then."

And with that Baekhyun got up and left.

Soohyun sat there on the couch cursing her destiny and her stupid life choices.

"What am I supposed to do now?"

___________________________________