Chapter 9

That night after everything happened Baekhyun and Soohyun were on their way home.They were walking silently side by side in a lonely road,there wasn't any noise,everything was so calm.The street lamps were lighting their way.

They both had a lot in their mind.They had a lot to think about.

Soohyun was the first to break the silence,"Baekhyun-ah,Do you think Seulgi doesn't like me?"

Baekhyun stayed silent for a few seconds before answering,"Well,I don't think so.She isn't necessarily friendly but seeing her coming to you and initiating a conversation makes me feel that doesn't dislike you at least.She finds you interesting."

"Interesting?"Soohyun asked.

"And Soohyun-ah,I think she will try to be your friend soon."

"Why?"

"Well...because you are helping her to prove me wrong."

"About what?"Soohyun asked.

"It's just something that happened in the past.Let's not talk about that,Okay?"

"Umm..okay."

Then there was silence for a few minutes again and Baekhyun broke the silence this time.

"Soohyun-ah,you know when I was racing today and you were sitting behind me..I realized something."

"What?"

"That I want to be someone close to you."

"What?"Soohyun asked,taken aback.

"I know it sounds weird but I don't know I just..."Baekhyun couldn't find the right words to say,"I know you won't make me your boyfriend.You already rejected me once.So let's start with friendship.Can we at least be friends?"

Soohyun didn't reply for awhile.She just stared at him while walking by him.

"Baekhyun-ah..."

"I know I sound really cringe right now but...uff...I shouldn't have said anything.You know what?Forget everything I said."Baekhyun said embarrassed."Let's just go home."

Soohyun stayed silent for a bit before bursting into laughter,"Oh my God,Baekhyun.You're so cute."

This time Baekhyun was taken aback.What?

Soohyun continued,"We can be friends,Baek.You could've just asked me normally.Gosh!It sounded like a wedding proposal."

"But I thought you wouldn't agree to be my friend because I'm in another gang.."

"Well,I figured having a friend from another gang wouldn't be so bad."

Baekhyun smiled,"Okay,it's settled then.We're officially friends."

Soohyun nodded and smiled.

With that started the friendship between two people of two different gangs.

Soohyun and Baekhyun became partners in crime within the next few weeks.They did everything together.They ate together,they went to missions together,they roamed around in the streets of Seoul together.They also did so much weird things together.They once took Joonmyun's favorite car on a ride without informing him.It drove him crazy thinking someone stole his car.He was about to send his men out to catch the theif but before that they parked his car right in his garage and acted like nothing happened.Joonmyun still doesn't know who took his car. Baekhyun and Soohyun went to draw graffitis together.They really had so much fun together.Both of them enjoyed each other's company a lot.

"So,you dating Soohyun unnie?"Seulgi asked Baekhyun.They were currently at the bar beside underground racing area.Soohyun went to watch the race with the others leaving Seulgi and Baekhyun in the bar.

"No I'm not,"Baekhyun said while sipping his beer.

"But you look like you want to,"Seulgi said.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

Seulgi took a deep breath,"Oppa,stop yourself before it's too late.You're gonna abandon her soon anyway."

Baekhyun looked at her and raised his eyebrows.

Seulgi smirked,"Oppa,how stupid do you think I am?I know you for more than 15 years.Do you think I wouldn't know your amazing plan to convince Code:R to join us?Do you think I not understand the reason you brought Soohyun unnie here?"

"What're you trying to say,Kang Seulgi?"

"I'm trying to stop you from getting hurt.Our world is brutal,we have to betray people daily but we also have to save the people close to us as well.I don't want you to feel how I felt.So please,stop trying to..."

"Seulgi,I know you care about me and all of what you're saying is true.But all of what you're trying to say is making me angry.So please stop."

"Fine,Oppa."Seulgi said,"Just one more thing.Two people from opposite gangs can never be together.Ex member or no.That's just reality."

With that Seulgi got up leaving a frustrated and angry Baekhyun behind. Baekhyun knows he has no justifiable reason to be angry but he can't help himself.He brought this upon himself.

___________________________________

A/N:

Minseok's birthday is coming.I miss him.:'(