Chapter Six: Clash

"Let's focus on the workout." I say clearing my throat. He gulps hard before nodding. Two hours later I'm on my way home.

"Hey sweetie, I heard." My mom says hugging me immediately after I enter the house.

"It's okay." I say trying not to cry.

"Have you talked to him?" She asks as we go sit in the kitchen.

"Yeah." I sigh as I sip on the tea my sister brings me.

"And?" They both anxiously ask.

"We're gonna work it out." I sadly say and they both sigh in relief.

"That's good baby. Trust me mistakes are made but true love prevails." My mom assures with a smile. I take the encouragement and smile.

"He loves you Emmy, he made a mistake he called me crying." Dani defends him.

"I know, I just need some time." I assure.

"He'll give you all the time you need." She says rubbing my back.

"Okay, well I'm gonna go get some rest." I say heading up to my room.

I have a shower then a long much needed bath. I sit in the warm water and I start to cry.

He hurt me, but he says he loves me so I'll stay. I know I'll get over it eventually. I know I'm a strong woman, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't afraid to be lonely. I have abandonment issues and I don't want him to leave me. I don't think I can start new with someone else, I mean I'm 28. I've planned my wedding with Royce. He's right to say I'm difficult to deal with. I've burned every bridge I had. My time is over. He's it for me.

After my bath I don't have energy to go do anything else. I lay in bed listening to sad music and eventually I fall asleep.

My alarm wakes me up at 6:00 and I want to throw my phone away. I get up and change into some Capri yoga pants, a matching sports bra and a hat.
I drive to the training center to get a good workout session done before the guys arrive.

At around 8 I see Jimmy wall into the room of course while I'm taking the one picture of myself I had the confidence to take.

"You know what they say." Jimmy smiles as he now stands near me.

"What's that?" I ask as I post my photo.

"You didn't go to the gym unless there's photo proof." He says making me laugh.

"Painfully true." I say picking my mat up.

"Are you done?" He asks furrowing his eyebrows.

"Yeah."

"Not even sweaty." He notes.

"I've been here since 6:30, I'm done."

"Sure." He dismisses. I roll my eyes and go out to the field where I run a couple laps. Exercise takes my mind to a different place from my crappy life and I love it.