Chapter Eleven: I got your back

(Author's note: I'll let you know when to play the song)

I didn't answer back, but I can't avoid this forever, I have to go to work now.

I get dressed in my usual workout clothes and Royce drives us to the stadium.

I take a deep breath before walking onto the field.

I do my regular warm ups and then stick with KB for a while.

"What's he doing here?" Jimmy asks, getting angry. "Are you seriously getting back together with him?" He asks. "After yesterday?" He sounds sad. "I thought we had a nice time?"

"Jimmy please." I beg. "We need to talk." I say quietly hoping Royce doesn't hear me.

"Why are you talking to her?" Royce asks, coming up next to us.

"What the fuck is your problem? Why can't you just leave her alone, haven't you done enough?" Jimmy asks, causing everyone to watch.

"What are you talking about?" Royce asks. "We're as happy as ever." He taunts him as he puts his arms around me leaning in to kiss me.

"Emeraude." Jimmy says, but Royce puts me behind him. I keep my head down too embarrassed to look at him. "What was yesterday then?" He asks.

"It was a fling, she wanted to prove me wrong." Royce answers for me.

"What are you talking about?" Jimmy asks.

"I told her she could never be with someone like you and she took it as a personal challenge."

"That's not true." Jimmy says. I feel Royce nudge me prompting me to agree with him.

"It was." I say. "Just wanted to see what Jimmy G was all about."

"And what did you find out?" Royce asks.

"There's not much there." I shrug. Jimmy looks at me. I take a quick glance at him not being able to meet his gaze.

"So she came back to me, a real man." Royce says and Jimmy takes a step towards him.

"Jimmy no." I say moving to stand between them. I bring my hands to his chest and he's quick to step away from me.

"Don't touch me." He says in a cold tone.

"We need to talk." I whisper.

"No fuck that. I'm done, you wanted to play me just like everyone else huh. Stay with him. You deserve each other." He says before walking off the field. I close my eyes in frustration and my tears threaten to spill. Fuck.

"Emeraude." My dad calls as Jimmy walks past him. I jog to him and he looks confused. "What was all that about?" He asks.

"Nothing, I'm sorry dad it won't happen again." I assure.

"Please keep that all off my field." He asks. I nod and run after Jimmy.

"Jimmy." I call out but he doesn't stop. "Jimmy please wait." I beg running faster. "We need to talk please I swear it's not what he said it is." I assure but he continues walking. I blindly run into Bosa.

"You alright?" He asks furrowing his eyebrows. I regain my balance, but I no longer see Jimmy.

"No." I say and turn around to go back towards the field. How could I be so stupid? I go back on the field and George comes to me.

"Are you really back together with him?" He asks. I look at Royce who glares at me.

"Yeah." I nod nervously. "He's the love of my life." I say with a small smile.