Damnit

Feyre watched as the King of Adarlan swirled the Queen of witches in his arms, dancing smoothly, with no mistake. She has yet to see what magic the king wield but she felt it dance in the air, skipping and bouncing in enthusiasm and arrogance. Dorian was smiling freely, not the courtly and sweet now dripping smile, but the free, careless gleam of teeth. Though the witch seemed unimpressed, one who looked would say otherwise, she had a small smile on her lips, and their eyes never straying from each other as the night wore on.

Feyre sighed and said ", Do you think we ever looked like that?" Rhys gave her an incredulous look and said ", Why do you think Mor and Cass always complain?"

"Because they're jealous that they can't make up their minds and actually make a move on other people."

Rhys chuckled. "That too."

"You revealed your wings," Feyre pointed out, eyeing the bat-like wings tucked in behind Rhys. 

Her mate raised a brow.

She huffed and gestured towards Aelin's court. "I thought you didn't trust them...?"

Rhys examined his fingernails. "Let's just say that they are very similar to how we operate and interact back home."

"Endless nonsense?"

Rhys laughed and countered ", They bring their own spark to the game if kingdoms and courts were flames, theirs would burn with most variety and power."

"And us?"

"We are the dumbasses who also somehow cheat death and save the world. So I'd say we have plenty of luck."

Feyre snorted at that. Sure, they'd failed a lot, but they are quite powerful. With the most powerful High Lord in history, a High Lady wielding all the powers of the land, the strongest Illyrian warriors, Morrigan, gift of truth, and...Amren. They didn't get out of shit just because of luck. The imaged flash in her mind, Through Sheer Will.

They both looked up as Aelin Ashryver Whitehorn Galathynius came towards them, striding in elegant lines even though she was three months pregnant. When the baby starts kicking.  Feyre remembered those months of her suddenly becoming as clumsy as a newborn fawn, and her nearly tripping over everything. She spent the rest of her time mostly inside, satisfying her cravings.

The Queen and her Consort stopped in front of them. Giving an acknowledging nod towards her and Rhys. She and her mate returned it and gave them a wide grin. "Congratulations," Rhysand said.

Aelin only winked and said, ", Just wait until you find out what kind of ruler they're gonna have."

Feyre raised an inquisitive brow.

"There are witches," Rowan clarified ", that can predict the sex of our babes."

Rhys whistled and nudged her. "That would've been useful with Mavey."

Aelin raised a brow ", Mavey?"

"Our son," Rhys said proudly, paused, then clarified ", Mavey is short for Maven."

"Fancy name."

Feyre snorted. "I picked it from a book I read."

Aelin nudged Rowan playfully. "Say, should we do that to our child?" Rowan only scowled.

Aelin stage whispered, blocking her mouth with her palm, upside up ", Don't worry about this territorial Fae bastard. They're all like this until you give them a little treat to them. Rowan like seeds."

Rowan whipped his head at Aelin, a look of outrage on his defined and handsome face. Feyre choked on her champagne and Rhys chuckled and raised a questioning brow.