Double Update >:3

"Mantyx was a bitch," Nesta said, settling comfortably into a soft and plush giant pillow cushion thing, Manon had never seen such a thing, it was deep enough to literally hide half of a person's head from view.

Amren gave them a cool look ", Is that truly all you could say of my former master."

"You said it yourself," Manon replied ", He was never your master."

Amren pursed her lips, placing a puzzle piece on the board she was currently working on ", I did."

"So," Nesta chimed ", Manon."

She narrowed her eyes at the Fae, snapping ", What?"

"I heard it's official between you and Dorian."

"Who the hell told you that?" Manon said, scoffing, picking up a puzzle piece in which Amren quickly swiped from her hand. 

"My sources are a secret to all."

Manon gave her an eyeroll.

"I wished I was there," Amren said then clarified at their raised brows ", Your yielding. I saw the wound you know. Such power, all pent up for a single blow. Very intriguing indeed."

"Of course you would want to be there."

Amren simply gave them a slash of teeth as a smile. "Aren't you going back to Erilea soon?"

Manon nodded ", Just to check up on things."

"What's the witch kingdom like?" Nesta asked.

Manon smirked, ", Dangerous."

They both rolled their eyes.

"I would like to see it," Nesta said. 

"You can."

"Maybe I will see it then, a bit of freedom for myself."

Amren crooned ", Grown tired of Cassian real quick did you?"

Nesta scowled.

-

Nesta indeed joined them on their way to Erilea, people raise brows but they ignored the question in their eyes. Let them summon the courage to ask it face to face. Perhaps her posh posture and bold yet simple gray dress helped nothing either. 

They had invited Amren, but she declined, saying someone needed to stay to control the order when the High Lord and High Lady is gone. Manon simply said 'your loss' before heading on her way, Nesta joining her soon after.

But that wasn't when the awkwardness started.

It had started when Dorian had asked to accompany Manon. But see, the problem was: Nesta will also be riding Abraxos, and it did a great deal to her image to sit behind a king and queen and forget to tell them that she doesn't do well in the air.

She, however, continued to give Dorian cold glowers, and forcing herself to look forward, and not down. Do not look down. Do not look down. Do not look down. The order helped nothing when curiosity gave him and Nesta looked down.

Cauldron-

Nesta swallowed the bile within her throat, disgust flared within her as she realized what she just did, but it would much better than to puke her breakfast onto the King of Adarlan's well-made pewter tailcoat.

"Why are you joining us anyway?" Nesta said, not so friendly ", Don't you have to check on your kingdom?"

Dorian tensed, answering her without turning his back ", I had checked on Adarlan, we had a whole day to do that before we started journeying to the Witch Kingdom."