Chapter 10

Adeline took a deep breath. She was in her parents driveway with Damien in his truck. She was nervous. Her parents weren't the most open minded people, they hardly listen to reason.
"I'm ready." Adeline said, "Can I go inside alone? You can head on back to the crimson ranch if you want."
"Okay and when you need me, call me and I'll meet you in a minute or two." Damien said.
Adeline smiled and said, "Okay."
In that moment Adeline got out of the car. She didn't feel as nervous as she felt when she had first got into the driveway.
She knocked on the door and her mother opened the door. Adeline smiled nervously and said, "I have something to tell you."
"Of course. Come on in." Her mother said as she let her inside. Adeline sat on the couch and waited for her father to walk into the room.
"What did you want to tell us Adeline?" Adeline's father asked.
"Um....I'm pregnant." Adeline said.
"Who's the father?" Adelines mother asked.
"Damien..." Adeline said.
"Hell NO! You filthy whore! Get rid of it or ELSE!!" Her mother screamed. Adelines father joined in on the screaming and shouting.
"No! It's my baby and your grandchild!!" Adeline cried.
"You are A FUCKING WHORE!!! GET OUT!!! WE ARE DISOWNING YOU!!" Her father shouted then slapped her.
"I'll never let you near my baby!! NEVER!!" Adeline shouted then ran out the door. It started to rain, she began to run through the rain on the muddy roads. She then fell on the ground and started sobbing. This was the worst day of her life. She couldn't even get up she was crying so hard. She then grabbed her phone and called Damien.
"Hello?" Damien asked.
"Come pick me up please?" Adeline sobbed into the phone.
"Alright, I'm coming. Shhh, take a deep breath. Are you still at your parents?" Damien asked.
"I ran down creak road." Adeline cried, "Can you stay on the phone with me?"
"Of course princess." Damien said, "You should see my truck any minute."
Adeline continued to cry over the phone and Damien tried to keep her calm. Once he got to where she was, he jumped out of the truck and picked her up off the muddy ground.
He saw the bruise on her cheek and gently rubbed his thumb on it.
"What happened?" Damien asked as he began to get soaked from the rain.
"I don't want to talk about it right now.." Adeline said, "Can you just hold me please?"
"Of course princess." Damien said as he wrapped his strong arms around her. They didn't care that it was raining, they just continued to hold each other for a couple minutes. Adeline had mud all over her hands and pants. She started crying in his arms again. Even though she continued to cry, she felt safe with Damien.
"We should probably go back to the house. I don't want you to get sick." Damien said, "Here, I'll help you into the truck."
Adeline nodded her head and let Damien help her into the passenger side. She sat down in the seat and put her seatbelt on. Once Damien got in the truck she realized that she had gotten so much mud all over the seat.
"I'm sorry, I got mud all over the place. I ruined the seat." Adeline said as she tried to fight back more tears.
Damien rubbed his thumb against her right cheek and said, "No it's perfectly fine. You didn't ruin the seat."
Adeline let the left over tears fall down her face and Damien quickly wiped them away.
"It's not fine," Adeline cried, "First my parents hit me then screamed that they are disowning me and now I ruined the seat in your truck. Nothing is fine!"
"They hit you?!" Damien asked with the most furious look on his face. This made Adeline think about what happened.
"I just wanted them to be supportive! All I wanted was for them to love me! Please don't get angry with me Damien." Adeline said as she put her face into her hands.
"I'm not angry. I promise. I'm just worried about you because I love you." Damien said without realizing what he said.
"You love me?" Adeline asked.
"Yes, I do. I love you so much." Damien answered as they both leaned in close to each other.
Adeline smiled sweetly and said, "I love you too." They then shared a soft and sweet kiss for a moment. They both smiled at each other in the goofiest way. They began to laugh at how stupid they looked. Adeline thought she wasn't going to be okay after this, she thought this was the end of the world, but now that Damiens around to help her.

Adelines POV:

Dear diary,

I've seen better days, and I've seen worse. Kind of like the rain, it pours and maybe even a thunderstorm. After a while the storm stops and a rainbow pops out from behind the clouds. I know today wasn't the best and I felt awful, but I know better days are coming. Sometimes you just have to fight the bad days away to be able to earn the best days of your life. Damien will fight alongside me and help me overcome all of this. I know he will and I will help him overcome his bad days too. I just need to let go and keep moving forward. It may take some time to stop hurting from what my parents had caused, but I know I'm capable of bouncing back. Just remember diary, life is like a story that doesn't end. There's a lot of sad moments that may crush your heart, but there are good moments that will override the sad ones. It may take time for the good ones to come, but they always appear at some point in life. It's never to late to have that one happy moment, no matter how old people get. It will come and it will stay.....
Well I think that's all for now.

-Adeline

                      [End of chapter 10]