Chapter 7

Adeline and Doctor Peyton walked back in. Adeline was holding the tiny bag this time. She didn't say anything until she turned to Clint and asked, "May I use your bathroom?"
"Of course" Clint said, "It's just down the hall and the first door to your right."
"Thank you" Adeline said then went down the hall.
Clint turned to Doctor Peyton and asked, "What do you think is wrong with her?"
"I know what it is, but I can't say. She doesn't want me to say anything." Doctor Peyton said.
"At least tell me if she's going to die or not?" Clint asked.
"No, she's not going die you dimwit. Actually it's quite the opposite. Gosh I want to tell you because it's so juicy, but I can't." Doctor Peyton said.
"Please tell us." Damien said, "You are making it sound like it's important."
"Nope" Doctor Peyton said.
"You can't just hype us up like that and not tell us." Clint said.
"I promised her." Doctor Peyton said.
"C'mon. If you can't tell us just show us." Damien said.
"I can't hear you." Doctor Peyton said, "And I already can't see you make faces at me."
"Don't act like your blind and deaf now." Damien said.
Adeline walked out of the bathroom and saw Damien and Clint trying figure out what was wrong with her. She was too busy with her own thoughts to care. She handed Doctor Peyton something that was out of the bag and said, "You were right."
"Right about what?" Damien asked.
"I don't really want to talk about it. I wanna tell my parents first. Can I go back to my room at the small house? I need to clear my head." Adeline asked.
"Yeah. Take your time. Tell us when you feel like it." Clint said.
"Okay" Adeline said quietly then walked back over to her tiny house and took a nap.
"Did y'all notice how distant she acted?" Damien asked.
"She's just trying to figure out how she feels." Doctor Peyton said.
Damien grunted in exhaustion and frustration, "Stop saying stuff like that or I'll drive myself crazy trying to figure out what's wrong with her."
"Damien I didn't think you'd care this much." Clint said.
"Well me and Adeline are friends now. Of course I care. Plus the shit that Doctor Peyton is saying is so intriguing that I have to find out what it is." Damien said, "It's like reading a Stephan king book and having to put it down because you have to go to sleep but you end up staying up all night because you needed to find out more." Damien sat down at the table and put his head down on it.
"I'll only give you a hint and that's all you get." Doctor Peyton said.
"Give me the hint." Damien said as he lifted his head off the table.
"Life" Doctor Peyton said.
"What?" Damien asked, he wasn't sure if he heard that correctly.
"Life. That's what I said." Doctor Peyton said.
"Life? What kind of fucking matrix code shit are you trying to tell me?" Damien asked.
"I can't say anymore. Take it or leave it." Doctor Peyton said.
Damien put his face back down on the table and said, "Sponge bob said that once."
"Alright, since you won't say anything about that, we can talk about payment." Clint said.
"Oh no, this can be for free." Doctor Peyton said, "As most city people say, this one is on the house."
"Don't you turn into a city person in my house." Clint joked.
"Wouldn't dream of it. You've tried to kill many city folk that come here." Doctor Peyton laughed.
"Because they were running around my yard like a bunch of fuckin mentally challenged drunk chickens." Clint said as he slapped money on Doctor Peyton's chest.
Doctor Peyton put the money back on the counter and said, "Welp I gotta go. I just got a text that I'm needed again."
"Don't forget your money." Clint said.
"I don't want your money." Doctor Peyton said.
"Take it." Clint said.
Doctor Peyton walked out the door without the money and said, "Goodbye guys!"
"You forgot your money." Clint shouted to him.
"I don't want it." Doctor Peyton shouted back as he pulled out of the driveway.

[End of chapter 7]