Chapter 22

"Will you marry me?" Damien asked nervously.
Adeline stayed quiet with her hand over her mouth.
"I'm sorry, if that's not what you want you can say no. I won't be angry with you." Damien said as his eyes saddened.
"I do want to marry you." Adeline spoke up.
"You don't have to lie to me" Damien said.
Adeline then grabbed his face and said, "You've got it all wrong. I do want to marry you. I'm not lying!"
Damien with a blushed face asked, "So is that a yes?"
"Yes! Yes! I do!" Adeline shouted a little as she kissed him on the lips. He then began to pamper her face in kisses.
"How did I get this lucky? It almost seems too good to be true." Damien said to her.
"Let's just hope this luck lasts." Adeline said with a soft smile.

*In Zoeys room*

Dylan walks in an sees Zoey holding baby Kain on her bed. She was feeding him but he fell asleep and she was too comfortable to move her shirt back up.
"Nice rack" Dylan said. Zoey rolled her eyes.
"What? I'm talking about this rack over here. Is it made out of Mahogany?" Dylan asked as he bent down to the reddish looking shelf.
"Nice try Dylan." Zoey said as she sat up and pretty much revealed her chest.
"Hakuna your tatas.(Yes is looked this joke up specifically for this....don't ask) I wasn't looking the first time." Dylan said, "I'm respectful."
"The first time. Uh huh...sure," Zoey said as she fixed her shirt and put the baby in the crib.
Dylan fell on top of her so that they fell on the bed and joked, "Bring them back. Now that I've seen one I need to see the other."
"That's what you get for making jokes." Zoey said, "It will only exist now in your mind."
"Pleaseeeeee?" Dylan asked.
"Calm down, you'll see them when I feed Kain." Zoey said.
"Kain is one lucky ass baby." Dylan whispered.
"Mhm, can we take a nap?" Zoey asked Dylan, "I've been up most of the night."
"You didn't get sleep?" Dylan asked.
"Not really" Zoey said.
"Was it nightmares?" Dylan asked as they fixed the way they were laying.
"Yeah, lucid ones." Zoey said.
"How many?" Dylan asked.
"Only one this time. Short, but the scariest." Zoey said.
"You could've came and get me. I was only on the couch down stairs." Dylan said.
"I went to, but I stopped when I got down the stairs." Zoey said.
"Why did you stop? I could've calmed you down." Dylan asked.
"I don't know....I felt something that I hadn't felt before. So I went up to Damiens room where Adeline fell asleep. I don't know why, but something in my gut said that I had to go up there and watch her." Zoey said, "I stayed there all night until I felt the bad feeling go away."
"Bad feeling?" Dylan asked as he sat up a little, "Of what kind bad feeling kitten?"
"Ya know how when you feel like your being watched and this chill goes down your spine. It was kinda different this time. It's like a chill was running down my spine because I felt like Adeline was being watched." Zoey said.
"Wait you felt like Adeline was being watched?" Dylan asked, "So you watched her?"
"Yeah, I had to make sure she was safe, she's like a sister to me." Zoey said.
"Stacy could've been there. You could've been hurt. You should've woken me up. You hear me?" Dylan said as he pulled her close to him.
"I know...I'm sorry." Zoey said.
Dylan sighed and said, "It's okay, I just want you to know that I'm here to keep you safe. Even though I act like a complete dumb ass and make crude jokes, I do care about you and I want you to be safe. I know I'm a deadweight, but I'm trying my hardest to keep you safe."

[End of chapter 22]