Chapter 8

Adeline sat in her room all day long, unless she was hungry and would get up to get some chicken and maybe a salad. It was now 2 in the morning and she got hungry again so she went back to the tiny kitchen and grabbed stuff to make a chicken salad.
Then there was a knock at the door. It was a quiet knock as if whoever at the door was hesitant to even do so. Adeline walked over and opened up the door. It was a woman whom she did not recognize, but she did notice that the woman looked like Clint.
"Uh, hi. I'm sorry for coming to your tiny house so late at night. I'm Damiens sister, Zoey." The woman said. Zoey was soaked, she must've been out in the rain when it started. Zoey was holding something under her thin jacket.
"You should come on in. Your soaked. I can get you some clothes." Adeline said.
"Oh no I just came here to give you something. I'm going away and I need someone to take care of him." Zoey said. She looked exhausted, like extremely exhausted.
"Him?" Adeline asked.
"Um...yeah...him" Zoey said as she revealed what was under her jacket. It was a small baby, probably about 7 pounds.
"At least come inside. Let me get you some clothes." Adeline insisted. Zoey nodded her head and went inside the tiny house with Adeline.
"I can't stay for long" Zoey said, "Can you tell Damien that I'm going to miss him?"
"Of course. Where are you headed?" Adeline said as she grabbed some warm clean clothes.
"A far away place I guess. I'm not sure how far." Zoey said as she set the small baby down on a blanket.
        "Do you travel a lot?" Adeline asked.
        "In a way I guess I do...but this time I'm not coming back. I need to be alone for a while." Zoey said.
        "Before you leave and after you're done getting ready, I think I should tell you something. Just so you know." Adeline said nervously.
        Zoey got dressed in the warm clothes Adeline have her then walked out of the bathroom. Zoey smiles a tiny bit, it didn't look like a happy smile though.
        "So what is it that you wanted to tell me?" Zoey asked. Adeline explained to her everything that happened before she woke up in Damiens room.
        "You woke up in my brothers room after the party?" Zoey asked.
        "Yes" Adeline answered, "Also Doctor Peyton gave me one of those tests."
        "Pregnancy tests?" Zoey asked.
        "Yes" Adeline answered, "It was a positive test. I just thought I should tell you before you head off."
        "It's nice to know my brother is going to have a kid, but are you even together?" Zoey asked, "Have you told your parents?"
        "Damien and I are not together in that way and I haven't told my parents. I want to tell Damien and my parents, but I don't know how. I'm scared." Adeline said.
        "What could your parents or my brother possibly do to you if you told them?" Zoey asked.
          "I'm afraid that Damien would want me to get rid of the child and hate me for it. And I know for a fact that my parents would be very angry with me." Adeline said.
         "Look my brother can be an asshole at times, but he's a very nice guy. He wouldn't hate you for that. You've gotten close to him even before all of that, he would still love you. I'm not sure about your parents, but if they really love you, they will love the child as much as they love you." Zoey said as she got up.
         "What's your boys name?" Adeline asked.
         "Kain" Zoey said, "What about yours? What will you name it?"
         "If it's a girl maybe Danae or Lyra. If it's a boy maybe Jamie but I'll ask Damien when I'm ready." Adeline said, "I don't want to pick without Damiens opinion I guess."
         "Well personally I like the name Danae. If it's a boy I think you should go with Dally. It's Damiens favorite character from an old 80s movie." Zoey said, "Plus, I think dally is a cool name."
         Then Zoey walked over to the door than said, "Take care of Kain for me."
          "Can you at least tell me where you are going?" Adeline asked as she went up to Zoey.
           "Up north" Zoey said then left into the sprinkled rain.

          Kain started to cry a little, he was so small and Adeline was afraid that she would hurt him if she wasn't careful.
        "It's okay baby Kain." Adeline said as she wrapped Kain into a thin, but soft blanket. She walked around the tiny house with him until after finally sitting down in the lazy boy chair, Kain fell asleep. Adeline ended up falling asleep too. She needs those 3 hours of sleep before heading into work.
         The next morning Adeline woke up to a knock on her door. Damien came inside the tiny house and found Adeline asleep with a small baby. Damien bent down next to her and rubbed his thumb against her cheek, this caused her to slowly wake up.
         "What time is it?" Adeline asked.
         "It's six o'clock." Damien said, "Whose this little guy?" Damien pointed at Kain.
         "You don't know who this is?" Adeline asked.
         "No...should I?" Damien asked.
         "It's Zoeys baby." Adeline said, "I met your sister three hours ago."
         "I didn't know she had a kid." Damien said, "What's his name?"
         "Kain" Adeline said.
         "That's cool. I love babies! I can't believe I have a nephew" Damien said with a smile.
         "You do?" Adeline asked.
         "I'm a professional baby whisperer." Damien said.
         Adeline chuckled and said, "You don't seem the type to be a baby whisperer."
          "It's because of my brooding good looks." Damien joked.
          Adeline yawned and Damien asked, "What's on your mind?"
          Adeline took a deep breath, "What do you mean?"
          "You look like you are contemplating about something." Damien asked, "May I ask what that may be that is concerning or confusing you?"
          "I have a secret that involves you, but if my parents find out, they will get angry." Adeline said.
          "Is this because we had sex when we were drunk? Is there something that I'm missin?" Damien asked.
          "I guess so." Adeline said, "I just don't know how to tell you."
          Damien took a deep breath and said, "Then just blurt it out. I promise I won't judge or get angry."
            Adeline looked at Damien in the eyes and said, "okay"

                         [End of chapter 8]