Chapter 12

Damien woke up to see that Adeline, Kain and Dylan were in front of him. They weren't crying anymore, but their faces were still puffy.
        "What happened?" Damien asked.
        "You passed out." Clint said from the kitchen table.
        "I can't really remember why I passed out." Damien said as he sat up, "What else happened?"
        "While you were asleep, I called for a search party." Clint said.
         "For who?" Damien asked.
         "Zoey" Clint said, "Adeline said she handed Kain to her and pretty much took off, saying she was headed up north and may not come back."
         "How long have I been out?" Damien asked.
         "A couple hours." Adeline said, "How are you feeling?"
        "My head feels like someone kept punching my skull. Also my sister is missing and could possibly be dead. Other than that I guess I'm fine." Damien said sarcastically as he got up off the couch.
        "This is all my fault so blame me." Adeline said as she stood up and walked over to Damien.
        "It's not your fault." Damien said as he walked onto the porch.
        "She wouldn't listen and stay. I couldn't convince her to stay. I'm so sorry." Adeline said to him.
         Damien turned back to face her and shouted, "Damn it! It's not your fault! Stop beating yourself up for something you couldn't control! Hell, I can't stop beating myself up for it too! So stop! I can't see you cry because it hurts to see you do that!"
         Adeline sat down on the little bench on the porch and held in her tears. Damien sat down with her and said, "Look I'm sorry I yelled at you. I just can't handle all of what's been going on and seeing you cry just makes my heart break."
        "I'm sorry, I know there was nothing I could do. I had only just met her that night." Adeline said, "It's just I feel like everything is my fault. Her disappearance, my parents hating me, and my pregnancy....."
       "Hey, none of that is your fault." Damien said as he wrapped his arms around her then he asked, "Do you regret being pregnant?"
       "I....No I don't regret that." Adeline said, "I just feel like I dragged you into this."
       "No you didn't drag me into anything." Damien said, "I chose to be here for you. And I chose to be with you and date you."
       Adeline put her arms up and around Damiens neck and said, "I love you."
         "I love you too Princess" Damien said as he gave her a peck on the lips. Then they went back inside and began to make plans on going to go find Zoey. Adeline wanted to come with but Damien, Dylan and Clint decides that she had to stay there just incase she came back to the house. Then all three men went out looking for Zoey while Adeline stayed behind with Kain hoping that Zoey would come back.

                        [End of chapter 12]