kou minamoto - sweet as a strawberry sundae (request! <3)

hello! this was requested by @sovkoku ! thanks so much for requesting! (i've been needing a reason to write another kou oneshot) I hope it meets your expectations! :))

--

"Kouuu..." You rested your chin on his shoulder, wrapping your arms around him. 

He turned his head towards you, a light blush on his face while he looked at you, a questioning look on his face. 

"Do you wanna go and get something to eat? We've been studying for a while." He thought for a moment before agreeing, and the two of you packed up your things, exiting the crowded library and going out into the early summer weather. 

Skipping a short yard away, you twirled in the warm weather, happy that it was no longer the cold season, and that you could finally wear your favorite pair of shorts. 

"Kou! It's so warm outside!" You looked towards him, seeing him walking towards you with his hands in his pockets with a smile on his face. 

"Yeah! It's a big change from winter or spring! I can finally go out more and find evil spirits to exorcise and prove myself to Teru-nii!"  While he was walking, you casually grabbed his hand and laced your fingers together. He looked at your hands for a moment before giving you a big smile and continuing to talk. 

It was a short walk, around fifteen minutes at most, arriving at the nearest fast food place. When the two of you were at the register, you whispered in his ear what you wanted, and he ordered for you since you had a hard time ordering by yourself. 

You had offered to pay, but he had absolutely insisted, so you eventually caved, but you promised that next time you would definitely pay.

You sat down, placing your bag to your side, and Kou sat next to you, placing his bag on the floor. 

After around ten minutes, your food had come, and you were eating your sandwich, happy that you were finally getting food. 

You looked over at Kou, who was also eating, but he was scrolling through his phone. So, you slyly got yours out and snapped a picture of him, but you forgot a very important fact. 

Your ringer was on. 

He turned to the side and playfully glared at you, setting his food down and trying to snatch your phone to delete the photo. 

"(Y/N)! That probably wasn't even a good picture of me!"

"Are you saying I don't have good photo-taking skills!?" You put a hand to your chest and covered your eyes with your hand, faking crying noises. 

"W-what!!? Wait, no I'm sorry! I didn't mean to insult you!" He grabbed one of your hands, and you peeked out from behind the hand over your eyes, revealing that you were in fact, not crying. 

Not giving him time to react, you gave him a quick peck on the lips and resumed eating your food as if nothing had happened. 

You looked up at him, an innocent look on your face, and your mouth full of sandwich. 

"Shorry, did shomething haffen?" The sandwich in your mouth muffled your words, but he still understood what you said, and he sighed with a smile on his face before looking back at you and running a hand through his hair. 

You stopped eating, involuntarily widening your eyes as you looked at him. Your heartbeat raced and you could feel the heat rising to your cheeks

He looks so cute...

"Huh? Are you feeling alright? Did something happen?" He leaned closer, wondering what had happened to you to make you stop eating, although you quickly gathered your composure. 

"Ah, nothing! Just saw something..." You finished the last bite of your sandwich and then looked to your strawberry sundae that was slightly melted. 

"Oh, by the way, (Y/N), do you want to come over to my house and spend the night? I can make breakfast too!" The pure smile that he gave you almost too much for you to handle, but you balanced your emotions and agreed. 

You both grabbed your bags, and you grabbed your sundae, taking it to go with you guys while you walked. 

You hooked your arm around Kou's and started eating the sundae, the coolness being a nice contrast the hot weather. 

You scooped a spoon of ice cream with the strawberry syrup and held it in front of Kou. 

"Say ahh~" You sang. You could see the small blush on his face, but he ate it anyway, and you resumed eating the melting ice cream. 

"Kou! Guess what happened today?" 

"What happened?"

"No! You have to guess!" He looked up for a second, thinking, before answering. 

"Um, did Mitsuba try to talk to you during class?" You giggled and shook your head. 

"Nope! But you're close!" 

"Come on, just tell me!" 

"Nope~" 

"(Y/NNN)!" 

"Fine, fine, I'll tell you then!" You threw your empty sundae cup into a nearby trashcan and faked having drumsticks in your hands and mimicking a drumroll sound. 

"It was...Hanako-kun!" 

"Really? What did he say?" Kou asked you, a questioning yet suspicious look on his face. 

"Ah, nothing really, he was just lonely I guess, but I wrote on my notebook and talked to him like that, so it was nice!" 

"I'm glad (Y/N)." He looked at you giving you a closed eye smile. You hugged his arm closer to your self, looking up at him. 

"I love you!" He gave you a loving look, and there was a certain softness to it that made you want to squeal like an elementary girl. 

"Love you too."

--

hope this was good! remember to vote!

unedited