kou minamoto - the way she smiles (request! <3)

hello loves! so when requests were open i got three kou requests and i'm so happy you guys requested for best boi, because i love writing him so much ahh >.< also, i'm currently working on the first few chapter of the kou x reader book i promised you guys, so expect that to be published within the next two weeks. also, for my yttd(your turn to die) people, would you guys be interested in seeing a joe x reader book, or a yttd x reader oneshot book? let me know if you're interested! 

this oneshot was requested by @broskicroissants65 ! thanks for requesting kou, i love writing him! 

--

Dancing in the rain is a beautiful thing, in his opinion. 

Of course, there are many who would prefer to not be in the rain and soaking wet, but there was something about the rain that gave him a sense of peace. He himself had never danced in the rain, but he had always wanted to try it. 

What was it like to feel the pitter-patter of rain against your face?

What was it like to dance to the rhythm of the droplets hitting the ground? 

These were questions that he had always asked himself but never answered. 

"Hey Kou! It looks like it's starting to rain!" He heard a chipper voice say from his side.

"Huh?" He looked out the nearest window, and immediately saw the gray clouds that covered the blue sky. 

"Oh, yeah! The rain is always nice, isn't it?" He asked. You gave a breathy laugh, grabbing his hand and pulling him along the hallway with you. 

"H-Hey! Where are we going?" He asked as he tried to match his pace to your happy skipping. 

"Outside, silly! The rain is so nice, don't 'cha think?" You gave him a large smile, and his heart stopped for a moment at the beautiful look on your face. Your smile was one of the prettiest things he has ever seen, hands down, and to him, there was nothing in the world that could match the beauty of it. 

He allowed himself to be tugged along by your excited figure, a smile playing on his lips as he thought of watching you laugh in the rain. 

What a sight that would be, am I right?

The two of you soon reached the back exit of the school, and you dropped your bag at the doorway, not wanting your books to get wet from the rain. You ran into the outside, the rain hitting your face in a soothing way as you spun around and laughed like a kid. 

Going out in the rain was something you would do all time, especially as a child, although now sometimes you would put in a pair of earbuds and jam out and dance to your heart's content, with no care for anybody who might have been watching or judging. 

When you looked to the doorway, you saw that Kou was watching you from a distance, a small smile on his face as he leaned against the doorframe. You frowned, wondering why he wasn't joining you. 

"Kou! Come over here!" His face held a look of surprise, and he held a hand out to feel how much rain was coming down before walking over to you, making sure to drop his bag at the exit as you did. 

He'd never gone out in the rain before even though he loved the rain; feeling the droplets on his skin felt soothing, although what made him even more happy was the fact that you were there with him. 

Once he reached your smiling figure, you grabbed his hand and laced your fingers together, lifting your hands up as you put your other hand on his chest. His heart started beating faster, and the butterflies in his stomach were making a sudden appearance. A blush started to overtake his boyish features as he struggled to speak. Even though you were his girlfriend, the way you were smiling as well as your close proximity was enough to get him flustered. 

"(Y-Y/N)? What're you-"

"Let's dance!" He blinked, processing what you said before lifting a hand up to rest on your waist. 

"Um, i-is this alright?" You merely nodded at him before resting your head against his chest as you started to sway from side to side. He followed your rhythm, resting his chin on the top of your head and giving you a kiss on your wet hair. 

Ba-thump

Ba-thump

Ba-thump

The steady beat of your lovers' heart eased the worries that had been weighing down on your mind, and instead told you to focus on the pitter-patter of the rain, and the steady thump of your hearts beating as one. 

Ba-dump

Ba-dump

Ba-dump

--

gUYs i read the new chapter of the manga and SPOILER ALERT SKIP TO NEXT PARAGRAPH IF YOU DONT WANT SPOILERS i hate this new aoi like why would she do this bro,,,ergh

anywhohow, my school just released when grades are due but for all the different subjects it's diff days and one of those days is in 5 days and yall already kNow i haven't done anything so i might go MIA for a couple days ehehe also thanks 17k reads like what!?!?! anyways, please stay safe and make sure you social distance! 

unedited