Three - Awsten

I clicked the vape pen on and off as I walked down the street of my neighbourhood, my backpack sagging down my back, almost past my hips, the stones and ridges if the pathway trooping to trip me on my route. I couldn't stop thinking about that boy, the one in detention with the strange name and his scars - so many of them. How could someone hurt that much? Was it even possible that the world could be so cruel to someone?
Turning the corner and walking into the house, it was still empty - mum wasn't home yet. Good. Now she would never know about detention, I smirked to myself, as I walked upstairs and clicked my phone alight, sliding my thumb over the fingerprint reader and swiping up. Almost immediately, a text. A group chat text.
Geoff: "After school detention again, @awsten?"
I smirked and began to tap rapidly on the screen to reply.
Awsten: "It's the price for cotton candy craving I guess."
Otto: "Still can't believe you were that stupid!"
I sighed. It was stupid but I've never cared for rules.
Awsten: "it wasn't too bad acc I wasn't on my own"
Geoff: "o really? What was the other kid there for?"
Awsten: "bunking off site"
Otto: "tbh who doesn't want to bunk off site?"
I smirked again and locked my phone, lying on my bed and staring at the ceiling. It had been nice to not be alone in detention this time. My eyes closed and I listened to the silence around me, fiddling with the blankets I was lying on top of. It was deafening. Almost unnatural. I guess I had enjoyed a pretty average day. Perhaps - just maybe - better than average. Perhaps.