17 - Xing

Lan Zhan couldn't believe his eyes. Scared that the man laying on the bed might disappear again, Lan Zhan took cautious steps towards him.

Wei Ying wrinkled his forehead and groaned a little before opening his eyes and he was greeted by a dumbfounded Lan Zhan standing by his bed.

"Lan Er Ge Ge" Wei Ying said with a smile and the next thing he knew, he felt water droplets dropping on his face. "L-Lan Zhan..."

Lan Zhan gave Wei Ying a bone crushing hug as he cried it out. He cried what he had been holding back. It might have seem like he was fine but it wasn't.

It was so hard living everyday without Wei Ying by his side. Without knowing when Wei Ying would return to him. If he even will.

Everyday after he couldn't find Wei Ying, a part of him chipped away. He missed Wei Ying so much but he couldn't do anything.

If he could, he would have abandoned everything and immediately went to find Wei Ying but he couldn't just leave Lan Han and Lan Yin there. He wanted Wei Ying to praise him when he comes back.

Lan Zhan shut his eyes, feeling the warmth he missed so badly and the scent of his lover, while trying to stop more tears from falling.

Wei Ying winced a little but hugged Lan Zhan back. He had missed Lan Zhan so badly too. Smiling, he said "Lan Zhan, you did a good job"

After some time, Lan Zhan was interrupted by a touch on his face. He opened his eyes to see Lan Han in front of him, trying to touch his tears.

Lan Zhan relaxed and smiled a little as he felt contented, then frowned. What is Lan Han doing here?

Wei Ying felt pats on his back and broke the hug with a grin. Excitedly, he said "Lan Zhan, meet him. He is Xing"

Lan Zhan looked at Xing with confusion. Wei Ying laughed "Lan Zhan! What are you confused for? He is your child, Lan Xing"

"Wei Ying, you named him Lan Han" Lan Zhan reminded and Wei Ying side-hugged Lan Zhan "Lan Zhan, Lan Xing is our third child."

Lan Zhan's eyes widened as he stared at Lan Xing, who wanted Wei Ying to carry him. Wei Ying carried Lan Xing and sat back on the bed, pulling Lan Zhan to sit beside him, then started telling him what happened.

Wei Ying was screaming when he suddenly felt Lan Zhan's warmth disappear. But he was in too much pain and only heard murmurs as he concentrated on pushing again.

However, the gods were busy talking "I have never seen a human die like that after giving birth!"

"Shut up! He isn't going to die!"

"But he is screaming like mad!"

"He is clutching his stomach, maybe its an after birth stomach pain?"

"Hey guys! Come here! Is that the same baby head we saw twice?"

"What? He is giving birth again?"

"A baby born in the heavens?!?!?!"

"Wait, wasn't the plan to save him from dying only after he has given birth?"

"Who brought him here at the wrong timing!"

"Wait, all of them said he was done giving birth!"

Among all the chatterings, a man stepped forward "Be quieter and give him space! You're stressing him out!"

Wei Ying squinted his eyes to see a gentle smile and relaxed a little as he continued pushing.

When he finally pushed the baby out, another man carried him and brought him to Wei Ying's arms. Wei Ying smiled before fainting.

When he awoke, there was the smell of incense burning. "You're up!" The man with the gentle smile from before stood up and walked over with a bowl of medicine.

Seeing Wei Ying confused and did not know how to start asking all his questions, the man started "I am Xiao Zhan, your child is with my husband, Yibo, in the next room."

Xiao Zhan gave Wei Ying a sweet and forced him to drink the medicine before continuing "It's against the rules to help out a dying human, or to revive one and such.

However, most of the gods voted on saving you. Hence, we brought you here but haha... apparently at the wrong timing. We thought you only had twins"

Just then, a man wrapped his arm possessively around Xiao Zhan, making him chuckle "This is my husband, Yibo"

Yibo only nodded and Wei Ying awkwardly nodded back. "Where's Lan Zhan? Can I go back now?"

Xiao Zhan looked at Yibo, then back at Xiao Zhan and shook his head "You can't. First, you haven't recovered. Second, we broke the rules for you so it will be hard for you to go back, especially after giving birth to a kid in the heavens."

Wei Ying widened his eyes as he panicked "What do you mean? Is my child not allowed to return?"