Four.

I laugh. Loudly. Evan? Liking me? I laugh even harder. Colton looks at me like I'm crazy, but I can't stop laughing. He grabs my shoulders and shakes me.

"Shay. Stop laughing." He chuckles, and I finally sober up.

"I'm sorry, that was just hilarious." I laugh, and he rolls his eyes.

"I'm serious, Sasha. You guys almost dated in high school. He was in love with you. I think he might still be." He says and I roll my eyes.

"He hates me, Colt. How do you get love from that?"

"Because he doesn't actually hate you." Ariel comments, stepping through the door. I look up at her, an eyebrow raised.

"Keep talking."

"He hates himself, for choosing Jade over you, even though he was in love with you, not Jade. And then Jade was a whore, and he was left with nothing, not even his best friend. Yes, he had Colton, but Shay, you guys were inseparable. All three of you. After you left, nothing was the same. I think he's just mad at himself for making the wrong decision." She explains, and Colton hops down from the counter, giving her a quick kiss.

Ariel and Colton have been together since freshman year of high school. They're that couple. The cute, high school sweethearts, that actually make it past college together.

"Honestly, I agree. Maybe try and get him to sit down with you. Explain that you're not mad about what happened. You guys have another chance, whether it's just be friends again, or more." Colton tells me with a shrug.

"What the hell did you do to your hand?" Ariel sidetracks, making Colton and I laugh.

"She's clumsy." Colton teases.

"Broken picture frame." I tell her. She laughs, knowing it's definitely something I would do.

"Evan should be back in a few days. You should talk to him." Colton says. I shrug, hopping down from the counter.

"I... okay. I'll try." I let out a sigh, and clean the bowl and fork I used, and leave them to dry. "I'm gonna go for a run."

I go into my room, and change into a black sports bra and matching pants, and my blue Nike's. I tie my hair up, grab my phone and AirPods, and leave the room.

Once I get outside, I stretch, then take off down the sidewalk. The only sounds around me are my breathing, my music, and my feet hitting the ground. I run past this super hot guy, and stop in my tracks. He does too. He jogs back to me, and smiles.

"Hey, I'm Ian." He grins, stretching out his hand for me to take.

I shake his hand, and smile. "Sasha."

"Can I have your number, Sasha? I'd like to take you on a date." He says smoothly.

"You can, but just to let you know, I don't really date right now."

"I don't either. So we could just skip the date, and get straight to the fun part." He smirks. I laugh, and take the phone he's handing to me. I type in my number, and hand it back to him.

"Text me." I wink, and run off in the direction I started in.

I've never really been the type to be in a relationship. With high school, the only guy I even thought of dating, chose someone else. Evan. In college, I was too focused for a relationship, but I did hook up quite a bit. And now, out of college, I haven't really looked for anything. I think my heart is still set on one guy. One guy that hates me.

I finish my run, and go back to the apartment. Deciding on a shower, I step into my bathroom, and strip out of my running clothes. I scrub clean with my cucumber melon body wash, and wash my hair with my rose hips shampoo and conditioner. I shave all that needs shaved, and shut off the water.

I step out of the shower, and wrap a towel around my hair and body, then walk into my room. I grab my phone from my bed, and see a text from an unknown number.

'Hey, it's Ian. Wanna meet up Friday?' - Ian

'Sure. I'll send you my address. Skip to dessert? ;)' -Sasha

'You read my mind ;)' - Ian

I text him my address, and finally decide I should get dressed. I pull on underwear, leggings, and a large sweatshirt, and let my blonde hair down to dry naturally. I don't use hairdryers on my hair, I've never liked to.

I'm thinking of going back to my natural red headed roots, but I haven't been a red head since high school. But I'm tired of the blonde. It's too much work to keep up with. That might be something I do this weekend. Go back to red. Neither of my parents have red hair, but apparently my dads mom had red hair, and he loves that I got that from her.

There's a knock on my door, and when I pull it open, Colton is standing there smiling. "Hey, we're going out to dinner. We'll be back later. Feel free to order anything for delivery if you want."

"Okay, thanks. Have fun." I smile at him and Ariel as they leave. I decide to order sushi for delivery, and settle into the couch, turning on Netflix. My current addiction is NCIS. It's my first time watching it through, and out of seventeen seasons, I'm on five.

It's definitely an addicting show to watch. Riley got me hooked on it a few months back. I haven't been able to watch it much lately, with school, moving, and running the cafe. So, to have some time off right now, it's been nice to just relax. I'm grateful to have Riley and my other staff to run the cafe while I'm off. But, I go back on Monday, and I'm ready. I miss my work, it's my heart and soul.

——

Shay Mitchell as Ariel Hayes