13 - the play and boy trouble

"seokjin and i did some talking last night. he needs something to take his mind off of things and i thought he could help with the play you guys are trying to do." zoe said to hailey, her boyfriend cameron, and vice president of student body gina.

hailey sighed, "it depends on what it is."

"just hear him out," zoe turned to me. "go ahead."

i cleared my throat, "after a bus crash, a guy waits for his boyfriend in a coma to wake up. but...he meets this girl online. her name is hope and she...she helps him through his grief."

"does he hook up with hope?" hailey asked, looking into my eyes deeply.

"no." i simply answered.

"does the boyfriend wake up?" gina asked.

"....to be decided." i tucked my lips inwards as i looked at gina. her saddened face looked like she connected the dots to my idea of the play and what was actually going on in my life. in fact, everyone almost had the same look on their faces.

"that actually sounds kind of awesome." hailey smiled.

"yeah, agreed." cameron nodded his head.

"what do you think?" zoe asked gina.

she sighed, "i think anything related to the bus crash is triggering but i'm willing to take this to simpson, after we see the script of course."

i smiled wide, "y-yeah."

"let's meet in the music room after school, cool?" hailey asked. i nodded my head, "can't wait."

---

"i'm sorry, for the way i acted...i think i've been a little immature lately." i said.

they shook their heads, but judy pulled me in a for a hug, "you know i hate fighting with you. especially over shit like this." i smiled, "i know, me too."

"and if dani says something about your guys' relationship, just know to ignore it, you know she doesn't have a filter." tati smirked.

i rolled my eyes and scoffed, "unbelievable."

"okay, now that we're all cool now, i need closure on something." tati sighed. "what is it?" judy asked.

"is it okay for girls and guys to be just friends?"

"no, on some occasions." i said. but instead judy had said yes. "oh great, that's helpful." tati exhaled heavily.

i rolled my eyes, "don't listen to judy, the last time she was just friends with a boy, alec fell in love with her."

judy narrowed her eyes, "um, great example but think about all the boys you're friends with too. like namjoon, seokjin, kyle, and hunter?"

"um they don't count, two of them are tati's brothers, one is gay, and hunter is hunter." i said.

"well, what's wrong with hunter?" tati asked. "i'm totally out of his league." i laughed.

"okay, so if a straight boy and girl are of similar hotness, and spend a lot of time together, sooner or later one of them has a crush?"

i shrugged, "always the boy, it's just biology."

"must have missed that chapter." judy retorted.

"well taehyung got a message from hailey and when i tried to see it, he freaked," me and judy looked at each other. "is that bad? i mean, obviously he's hot, and they both like art and they have the same style, and they like the same stuff...oh my god. are they a good match?"

i shook my head, "definitely not the case. hailey has a boyfriend already and taehyung has you. besides you're totally hot, there's no way taehyung could cheat on you."

"so i shouldn't be worried?"

"not at all." judy chuckled.

tati smiled, "okay. thank you, that made me feel kinda better."

"glad we can help." judy smiled back.

the bell rung and we went to class, while walking i saw seokjin. he smiled wide at me and waved, and i did the same thing back.

•••

[sorry for any grammatical errors]