»Chapter~14

"Hey don't cry. Don't be scared of such people. You haven't done anything wrong.
.
.
.
Ok except when you freely opened the door for me. I'm gonna tell someone to put an eyehole on the door so that you could see who's outside. Or better, an intercom."

"I'm not crying because I'm scared. I'm crying because I am angry."

"You cry when you get angry?"

"No I don't cry actually. It just happens when I get angry. My emotions get all over the place"

Why the hell am I discussing this with him?

"Ok." He chuckled.

"Well don't feel angry and cry right now. It's not good for your health. Let's eat now. I'm hungry. And the pizza smells delicious. Don't worry about him, I'll look into the matter. You won't see him around ever again."

What kind of power does he have?

"What are you going to do?" I asked him.

"You don't have to worry about it, sweetheart." He winked at me.

Sweetheart..... I felt a weird but pleasing sensation in my stomach.

He is just sympathizing me.
Nothing else.

I really wanted to know about it but I didn't press it further.

"I don't feel like eating" I was seriously tired and just wanted to sleep.

"You shouldn't stop eating because of him. You shouldn't hurt yourself because of others' wrongdoings. I saw the expression on your face when you opened the door thinking I was the pizza delivery guy." He smiled.
"Pure happiness. And now you don't want to eat?" he asked.

"I feel like choking him with my bare hands, running him over with my car or better a road roller. Then pushing him off the tallest building and finally drowning him in a bathtub."

He started laughing hysterically clutching his stomach in pain from the laughter.

It was the most beautiful sight and sound I had ever experienced.

He laughed like a little kid. Scrunching his nose, eyes vanishing in small crescents and his mouth wide open displaying his cute bunny teeth.

"Good idea. I'll join you. But for that you need energy first. Even though pizza is bad for health, eat it so that you would be happy and have a quick recovery."

I sighed.

"Eat it. it's getting cold. If you don't, I'll have to force feed you"

I would love to do that. I muttered to myself.

"Let's eat one at a time so that the other doesn't get cold. We will heat up the other one later." He said and ruffled your hair.

We started eating the pizza in silence. But it didn't matter because it was peaceful.

"So what were you doing the whole day?" He broke the silence.

"Oh, nothing much. I dealt with the appointments for the coming week and went through some contracts. Then I slept."

I didn't tell him about the Netflix part.

"I told you that I am been spoonfed y/n. Discussion with clients about the contracts was my job y/n, not yours."

I shrugged. "I was getting bored."

"Don't you have a life outside?" He asked.

He was right. Ever since I came here, I never had once went outside for fun. I didn't even have a friend here. I was so busy with my work that I forgot about the world outside my work. I would just have a few phone calls with my mom and some friends. Nothing else.