»Chapter~21

I quietly scan the papers and email them from his PC. I sighed again. Maybe I had acted childishly.

Who was I to get mad at him? Yes he had helped me a lot but I shouldn't expect him to be all friendly. Maybe after what had happened at the breakfast, he must have known I am uncomfortable so he tried bringing back everything to normal. He didn't want to give me false expectations. I guess.

I heard the door opening. "I have sent the files sir." I bowed lightly not wanting to look at him in the eyes and started walking briskly towards the door as quick as possible. To my surprise, the door was locked. I furrowed my eyebrows and turned around waiting for an explanation from him.

Jungkook threw his head back and sighed. "You can't leave y/n. I need an explanation." His voice echoed the room.

"What explanation?" I asked as I opened the latch with ease. Benefits of being 5.5ft. and wearing wearing 5 inch heels.

Hehe, I was almost as tall as him.

He pressed his hand on mine and forced me to lock the door again. He then pulled me back. I collided with him for the God knows how many times as he spun me around and looked me in the eyes. He still had his hands on my waist.

Jungkook realised it and quickly put his hands in his pocket. He sighed and looked down. "You aren't talking to me since past these two days. Are you mad at me for punishing you?"

That word again.

"No, I'm talking to you. And I know you had given me that task for my own good." I shrugged.

"Something is wrong with you. You haven't smiled at me since the time I had left your home that morning."

"Nope, nothing is wrong."

Jungkook narrowed his eyes and came closer. "Don't fool me y/n. Have I done anything wrong?"

I pressed my lips into a thin line. Should I tell him?

"Nope, you haven't." I said him with a monotonous tone.

"Then why do you look at me as if you hate me? You ignore me and only discuss work related things with me with a least interested face. We are friends aren't we? Or do you only see me as your rude boss?" He looked like a scolded little puppy.

Fine. Let's spill the beans.

"You didn't properly say goodbye when you left my house that day. You just picked up your jacket and left without any sort of confrontation. I was angry at you."

He cocked his head to the side and raised his eyebrows. "Is this the only reason?"

"Yes." I pouted. Eww, why hell am I pouting?

"Do you want the reason behind it?" He looked down playing with his shoes.

"Yes." I blinked.

"It is embarrassing, but I'll tell you."

Embarrassing? What's embarrassing about it?

He continued, "So I got up in the morning and had a bad breath because I hadn't brushed the earlier night. We had eaten a lots of cheese remember? I tried eating some fruit but it didn't go away. If I talked to you then you could have easily smelled it. And then it would be embarrassing for me."