Chapter 9- Beggars Can't Be Choosers

Germany's POV- Home, Car Ride, and the Restaurant
After tailoring my tie for the fourteenth time, I rushed back to the door. By the time Poland got here, I wanted to be bereit. (German- Ready.) It might seem over excessive, but I didn't want him to think I was too busy to hangout. I take a while to change so I decided to get ready an hour earlier. Was kann ich sagen? (German- What can I say?) I like to dress formally for all occasions. It's a remarkably old idiosyncrasy of mine that will remain ständig. (German- Perpetual.)

I just hope Poland doesn't feel bludgeoned to do the same. My teeth clattered as a shiver was sent down my spine.
I gulped. For some reason, I felt that even a twinge of anxiousness could set me off in such state. Both me and my system were overwhelmed. Was ist, wenn Polen auf dem Weg hierher entführt wird? (German- What if Polen gets abducted the way here?) Will he get jumped? By whom?

I covered my face with my hands, trying not to snivel. I fanned myself repeatedly, as an effort to regain my composure. Ich überreagiere, ich überreagiere! (German- I overreact, I overreact!) Why am I like this? I've never been the type to worry so much...
*KNOCK*
Oh that must be Poland! I worried for nothing. I swung the door open, eager to welcome the gratifying embrace of Polen. He jumped right into my arms as I patted his head. "Hey Niemcy, looks like you missed me." I blushed slightly. He winked back at me, causing my face to sting harshly. I set him back down as an effort to cease the intimate blush. I wasn't used to this sorts of stuff, Ich hatte vorher kein Liebesleben. (German- I had no love life before.)

Poland poked at my tie. "You surely outdid yourself again, 'Germ. I feel underdressed now!" He snickered. Flustered, I hid my burning face. Oh no, I'm blushing again! The stinging was more lamentable than before, it was as if my cheeks was stung by a porcupine. In shorter terms, Es war schmerzhaft. (German- It was painful.)

My breath quickened parlously, is this what they call a panic attack? Poland could tell how timorous I was so he quit the teasing. "Let's get going Germany." He grabbed my hand forcefully and led me outside; to his car. With consent, I hopped in the front seat and fiddled with my fingers. Es gibt kein Zurück, wenn etwas über Nacht passiert. (German-There is no going back when something happens overnight.) The neuroticism still lingered.

He got in with a reassuring smile on his face to show everything was adequate. "You don't need to worry about a thing, Niemcy." His hand rested on mine. All at once, Polen had mollified most of the trepidation away. The gesture was endearing, I appreciated his effort to calm me down; but it was hardly enough. But he still needs to focus on the road...I let go of his hand and smiled to show I'd be alright.

My heart raced as we pulled up at the restaurant's parking lot. I hope none of our classmates are here, that'd be appalling. Was? Nein, es ist mir nicht peinlich, in einer Beziehung mit Polen zu sein-It's just I'm scared of the homophobic people. (German- What? No, I am not embarrassed to be in a relationship with Poland-)
What if they hurt us? They could use Polen as a weakness against me!

I dipped my head down slowly, massaging my temples as an effort to compose myself. Suddenly, my hand was yanked out the car. "Polen-" He but a finger on my lip, "Shh." He dragged me inside the restaurant, unaware of all the glares we were deriving. "Table for two!" Poland called out. A employee overheard and waved to us. "Over here!" I hesitated but Poland urged me to go on.

The waiter greeted us happily and led us to a table near the window. It was a spectacular spectacle. I sat down discreetly, not wanting to attract anymore attention. He handed us two menus and I expressed my gratitude in the form of a simple "Thank you." The country smiled serenely, "No problem. I see you two are in a relationship?" He surmised. Äh...das habe ich nicht erwartet...my face flushed as I struggled to speak. (German- Uh ... I didn't expect that...)