Chapter 10- Buckle Up Buckeroo

Warning, Self-Harm and Masochism
Russia's POV- Rooftop (Lunchtime)
"Нет нет нет!" I exclaimed. America was being a real pain in the жопа. (Russian- A**) He asked a lot of dumb questions, most that didn't exist until now. The American was acting like he had never filled out a form; it was amusing at first, but became annoying shortly after. "I can't read Russian as well as you..." He muttered. I raised a brow, "Oh really? Are you complimenting me?" USA snickered, "You wish! It's only facts." I rolled my eyes. I guess it's not that bad to be around with him, as long if nobody's here to stare at us. Seriously, it's freaky. Not even I can stand that, just leave us alone Черт побери! (Russian- God dammit!)

Ame flipped through the pamphlet. "I think I'm done." He passed the pile of papers over to me for review. You can never be so sure after all...hey wait a minute! His handwriting looks a little familiar...I squinted at the text. Is he-"I can go now, right?" "Подождите, не могли бы вы взглянуть на это?" (Russian- Wait, could you take a look at this?) America gave me a look. "At what?" I rummaged through my backpack, pulling out a letter. My pen pal's letter. I handed both the paper and form over. I wanted him to find out on his own. Didn't feel like telling him, the arrogant country wouldn't believe me anyways. The American would just laugh and then proceed to flipping me off. "What?" He gave me a questioning glance but scooted in to get a better look at the documents. "Holy sh*t." He looked back and forth at the two papers, over and over again; as if it would magically change in front of him. But it never did. Stupid American. I crossed my arms and waited, allowing him to собери его дерьмо. (Russian- Collect his sh*t.)

"....sorry I couldn't reply." He mumbled. Sorry? That's something I'll have to get used to him saying. Now that he doesn't think of me as a грязный комми. (Russian- Dirty commie.) Guess he really feels guilty about not write back. "Что, ты новая Канада?" (Russian- What, are you a new Canada?) I joked. "Is that who you want me to be? He gave me a look that resembled sad puppy eyes. Which was strange since Amerika was wearing sunglasses. I could still guess-Oh lord. How do I respond? I wasn't expecting him to ask that; or to see him look so sad. Америка's usually sassy or bubbly, it wasn't a good change to say the least. This makes me even more sure that he's the recipient and that he's been cutting himself. "Нет, Нет, Нет, Нет! You're better off being yourself." I assured. Oh dear, that sounded better in my head. The situation is fraught! Was I right to say that? Should I need to rephrase my wording? Did it sound weird? He gave me a look. Дерьмо. (Russian- Sh*t.) That's not good, that's not good! I screwed up real bad. Что я должен делать? (Russian- F*ck! What should I do?) In a full blown panic, I started to freak out.

Just as I was about to pass out, his frown turned into a smile. Что за черт? (Russian- What the hell?) "I got you good, didn't I?" He wore another one of his stupid grins. I clenched my fists. "Черт возьми, ты немного дерьмо!" I hissed. (Russian- Gosh, you're a little shit!) "Еще бы!" (Russian- You bet!) He pushed his sunglasses back up, "You knew that before, didn't you?" "Да." I stared at my feet, not wanting to look Merica in the eye. He gets really uneasy if he holds eye contact for too long-Guess he wasn't much of a listener growing up. Get it? Cause most listeners look at the speakers in the eye? Это было не смешно. (Russian- That was not funny.) "Are you going to stop writing back?" I asked nervously. He gazed at me with a blank expression, "You want me to? I just wanted to cheer you up by the way, so don't be mad." My anger already ebbed away, the thought of him trying to make me laugh was amusing. "Нет." I pointed at one of the lines in his letter, 'I don't see why one little thing has to change our relationship.' He smiled feebly. "So you still remember that?" "Yep." Despite this, I still find his attempts to make me laugh quite stupid.

Anyways, I still want to give America some space, now that we're on good terms. But will those last after the trip? I highly doubt it. Also, I need to stop thinking about him so much, he's right in front of me! "Hey Rus, who's hiding behind the door?" Meri asked. Meri? Darn, I let it slip again. Мне нужно перестать называть его так. (Russian- I need to stop calling him that.) This can't become a future habit of mine, I refuse! Even if he was trying to change the topic, I decided to play along.