Chapter 23- Piece Of Cake

Australia's POV- Home
"G'day, mate-" Huh. It's abnormally quiet now. I stepped out of my room, looking into the kitchen. America and Canada have returned? Neat. Why does dad look so...pissed? I examined everyone's expressions, taking note of them. Mom looks indifferent scrubbing the dishes, New Zealand seems to be petrified, and America is dead silent wearing his normal resting face, while Canada is frowning slightly.

He's also rubbing his arm-In humiliation, I'm guessing? For what though..? This is confusing, like a puzzle missing several pieces. I can't seem to figure out what the picture is. With a deep sigh, I easily broke the silence. My family stared at me, piercing my soul in a way. Uh...now that's just plain scary. I grabbed a stack of 'flapjacks' and sat down, pouring some maple syrup on them.

Nada didn't even bother to yell or stop me when I 'overdid it' a little. Something's definitely wrong here. That was more than 5 cups of syrup! "What happened?" I demanded, stabbing into the soft pancakes with my fork. "....America has a boyfriend-" Kiwi was immediately slapped by US. He turned around to protest but was cut off again, with another slap. Mom exclaims, "NE FRAPPE PAS TON FRÈRE!" (Don't hit your brother!)

Scornfully, she dragged Amy away and sat him down as dad began to interrogate him. Oh, neat! I thought he was going to die alone. Munching on the thin but fluffy cakes, I exchanged glances with Can-Can. He must have been the one to spill the beans. Even the US of A wouldn't come out that suddenly, I know that for sure-My fork jabbed into nothing..? Nada must have taken my pancakes and inhaled them.

Welp, can't do much about that.

Unless you want me to make him regurgitate it back up.

Tiredly, I rubbed the sleep from my eyes, and carelessly tossed my plate into the sink. Settling onto the couch, I leaned on Ame. What I didn't expect was for him to move my head into his lap, and pat it! Blimey, isn't he supposed to push me off or something..? He's been brainwashed! That's the only logical answer. If logical's even a thing in this situation...New Zealand blinked twice, trying to comprehend what was happening.

He then whispered to Canada, pointing at us. "No homo, no homo." America mutters under his breath. Okay then, no need to say it twice-I got it. Glancing at the window, I zoned out. Now then, who could be Merica's boyfriend? There's so many people that like him that it clashes with the ones that hate him...chances are fifty-fifty for everyone. Hm, I'll need a chart for this. I hopped off the couch, giving Meri a final pat on his back and fleeing to my room.

Once I got there, I pulled out a piece of paper and jotted down some names. Well, everyone's name that goes to our school. I'll cross out the names one by one, until one is left. The one who's left has to be Amy's boyfriend. They have to! My predictions and answers are never wrong-I will solve this mystery myself!

After working on my chart for about half an hour, this is what I've got!

Nothing. Sh*t's f*cked, mate.

I crossed two people out at the same time. Nobody...seems to be the proper candidate. I threw the paper away, getting ready to start a new one-"Прекрати это. Когда ты научишься?" (Stop that. When will you learn?) Ohhh? Hey, I recognize that voice! Smugly, I crept to Merica's room-Who was on the phone with his boyfriend~! Haha, you've been caught red handed, mate! I smirked, bursting into the room.

"Oi Russia, I didn't-"

A gun was aimed at my head.

Geez, I didn't know Amy had such ferocious aim. Very accurate and precise too. ".....Mancomunidad de Australia. te voy a cortar y asar las tripas si le dices a papá!" (Commonwealth of Australia. I will slice you open and roast your guts if you tell dad!) My brother snarled, with an edge to his voice. Please don't. I have a life to live, unlike you. Really. I'm being serious here, mate! Hands in the air, I started to back away.