Angry Bull

A couple of hours earlier...

"Rain, you're excused from kitchen duties."

Rain lifted his head from peeling potatoes.

"Huh?" He looked at the chef.

"Kimmon boss wants you to change and meet him in the parking lot immediately."

"Why?" Rain placed the peeler down on the counter and wiped his hands.

"How the hell should I know?" Chef grumbled, getting back to work.

Rain didn't waste any more time. He rushed to the locker room, changed in record time and race to the parking lot. He knows Kimmon doesn't tolerate tardiness.

The boss is already waiting in the car park next to the SUV.

Rain didn't even get a moment to catch his breath.

"Get in!" Kimmon nodded at Rain and got in the car

"Get in!" Kimmon nodded at Rain and got in the car. Rain ran to the passenger side and hauled himself up.

They drove in silence. Rain is curious. He wanted to know why Kimmon dragged him from the kitchen and taking him away for a ride. But he kept his questions to himself. Rain's family is very loyal to Kimmon's family. That's how he got the chance to come to Bangkok and do this job without prior experience nor education. Therefore his job is to keep his mouth shut and do as Kimmon says.

The SUV stopped by Bas' university. Kimmon boss must have come to pick Bas up. But why did take me along? Rain thought, rummaging his brain for some answers.

"Let's go," Kimmon jumped down from the car and started sauntering down the asphalt path. Rain scrambled to follow him.

**********

They have been waiting in this small street stall that sold snacks, for sometimes now. Rain is getting antsy because nothing is happening. He exchanged few words with the old uncle who stood behind the counter but Kimmon leaned against a lamp post and stared at the campus grounds seriously. He wondered if his boss chose this place because it has a clear view of the campus grounds. There's a small hill of ashes and cigarette butts at his feet because he'd been smoking nonstop.

Kimmon boss would get a call or a message occasionally, which he would ignore. Other than that no action is happening so far.

Rain is very curious and very bored.

*******************