Caught

Tae parked his car, picked the packets of leftover food he brought from the restaurant and got out wearily

Tae parked his car, picked the packets of leftover food he brought from the restaurant and got out wearily. He felt so exhausted today. Pausing at the door, he fumbled for the key. At least the kid remembered to leave the porch lights on, Tae thought with a mild smile.

Once inside he placed the food on the refrigerator, dropped the keys, wallet and the phone on the kitchen counter. When his foot collided with one of the boxes he remembered that he promised himself that he would take care of them tomorrow. With a smile, he remembered that Tee would come to help him.

He picked the phone, slumped on a kitchen stool and started scrawling through the thread of conversation.

Tee - Are we still on for tomorrow?

Are you having second thoughts?

Tee - 'couse not. What time?

Come whenever you're free.

Tee - I'm free the whole day. Would I get free breakfast if I come early?

I would give you anything if you come early.

Tee - Anything?

Yes, anything.

Tae's lips curved up remembering the long pause after that message. He bet Tee was feeling shy. Later on, the fair guy only replied that he'll get here by 8.30 in the morning, along with a goodnight wish. Tae couldn't believe he had time to even look at his phone let alone text.

He felt this weird feeling in his chest whenever he thought about Tee, not because they once hooked up, he's very sure about it. He was afraid that he might be falling for Tee. If he let himself, it would be so easy to fall in love with Tee, because he's a wonderful person. But Tae is scared. He's terrified because the cliff is steep that he won't be able to drag back up if things go wrong.

His good feeling dampened a little. Maybe it's best to not to overthink.

With a sigh, he stood up. It's high time he should hit the sack. The day had been so hectic, sometimes he wished he could just forget everything and close his eyes for just one day.

He dragged his feet up the stairs.

There's light visible in the small gap between Bas' door and the floor. Tae shook his head. It's a bad idea to leave the kid unsupervised. He must be playing games on the phone at the dead of the night.

*********************