HOME GAME

2 thousand reads, that's exciting. Still like zero comments, but whateves. -_-

•••

HOME GAME

I attempted to explain to my father that I wanted to go see a basketball game. I tried to tell him it was a home game and it would be over by eight o'clock. He didn't want me to go. Instead he wanted me to study. I guess I could have done better to persuade him, but I didn't really want to go to the game anyway.

Dad: "You can have the privilege of going out with friends when you get your grades up. Until then you're staying home and studying until I see some improvement."

Mom: "Stop being so strict, Stan. Let her go to the game with her friends. She can study tomorrow."

Dad: "No Teresa, if you give an inch they take a mile. I'm not budging."

Mom: "Fine Stan, fine. Have it your way like you always do!"

Dad: "Dammit Teresa, don't go off on that again. I'm not a fucking dictator."

Mom: "Really, because I feel like we're under lock and key here. None of my opinions matter, nothing I say is ever considered. It's always what you want!"

Dad: "I'm not doing this again, Teresa. Freya, go upstairs and study."

That was the end of it, dad got the final word as usual. I didn't go see Gavin play his last home game of the season, instead I stayed home.