NINE

Hours of nothingness had passed since Kylo Ren dismissed you. You were laid in your bed, staring at the ceiling. At this point you were suffocating in your own thoughts. The datapad General Hux gave you let out a loud beep, interrupting your internal voice. You grabbed it off your side table and checked the alert. General Hux requested your presence to the command center immediately. You jumped to your feet, datapad tightly in your grasp, and walked to the commander center with haste. You turned a corner and bumped into a soaking wet figure.

"Watch it." You grumbled, wiping water off the side of your face. Your eyes looked up to see Kylo Ren. 
"What happened to-" He cut your sentence short by closing your airways.

"Don't." He shot daggers at you with his eyes as he slowly released the invisible grasp around your throat. His dark hair was glued to his face, water dripping off his chin and fingertips. You harshly swallowed triggering an unwanted noise to project from your throat. Your eyes continued scanning his body and noticed a hole burnt through his uniform. You raised your hand to it, not considering any consequences, and placed a soft finger on it.

"What..?" You were so focused on the hole that you couldn't finish your question. He grasped your wrist and pulled you into him.

"I believe you were requested to the command center. I suggest you hurry along. Tardiness is susceptible to punishment." His breath traced your nose as your legs began to shake.

"Yes, Sir." You nodded, pulling your wrist out of his grasp, and continued your journey to the command center. General Hux stood before you with a bandage wrapped around his thigh and a cane in hand for support. Standing in front of him was General Enric Pryde.

"It was a coordinated incursion, Allegiant General. They overpowered the guards." Hux reported.

"General." Your voice was soft as you slowly walked forward. Your eyes examining his posture and wound.

"I see. Get me the Supreme Leader." General Enric demanded to a nearby officer.

"Allegiant General. I was requested by General Hux." You stopped next to a stormtrooper as General Enric ripped the blaster out of her hands. He turned to General Hux  and shot him in the chest without a second thought. His body flew across the command center, sliding against the floor. 

"Tell him I found our spy." He fiercely turned around and began to march off. The officer was frozen in place.

"No!" You screamed, running to his corpse. A sense of déjà vu hit you as your tears dripped off your cheek onto his dead body. All the anger that was pent up inside of you started to leak into your veins. You slowly stood up and took a deep breath. Your head and hand simultaneously whipped in the direction of the Allegiant General.  His feet dragged across the ground as his throat was sucked into your palm.

"What. Did. You. Do." You threatened him through your teeth. Your voice was so strained that your words came out as a whisper.  His face began to drain of color as his gasps of air became less frequent. You let out a loud scream as you threw his body into a wall. It didn't matter to you if he was dead or unconscious, you wanted him to feel a type of pain he'd never felt before. A small part of you even hoped he was unconscious, so you can continue torturing him. You turned your body to the two stormtroopers that were stationed in the command center.

"Take me to the Supreme Leader." The stormtrooper was expressionless. You raised your hand and began to storm towards her.

"Don't make me repeat myself, Chief." You spit the same attitude towards her. Her blaster lowered to her side as she turned on her heel. You let out a soft breath as you trailed behind, your hands entangling in each other. The stormtrooper opened the door for you, revealing a pearly white room with black shards shattered across the floor. You cautiously walked in, studying your surroundings.

"Commander Ren?" Your voice echoed. A hushed metallic voice called for you.  You stepped over the mess of shards and approached the white staircase that rested on the left side of the room.

"Commander what happened? Are you okay?" His head was resting in his hands while he was sitting on the steps.

"Fine." His disfigured mask looked up to meet your gaze. You took a second glance at the room.

"The Allegiant General has taken it upon himself to execute General Hux. He claims he was the spy." You choked. Your connection with the General wasn't prominent, but he was the only one who respected you. A soft blow of wind traced your arm as Kylo stood up.

"You killed him." He traced circles around you. Each footstep echoing through the room. Was it obvious how irate you were? 

"I'm sorry, Sir. I didn't mean to." How could you feel bad about lying if it wasn't even to his face? He slid his hands up to his helmet, releasing the clasps that mounted his mask to him. He gracefully slid it off and held it to his waist.

"I can hear you. Your ignorance is intolerable sometimes." You watched his hand tightly grasp the rim of his mask. 
"Take the rest of the day off. Training will continue at 0800 tomorrow." He sped out of the room, his cape lifting at the wind he created.

"Goodnight, Commander." You mumbled to yourself as you trudged back to your room.

Goodnight, Apprentince. His voice reverberated in your head.