Chapter 26: Assassination

The bullet misses and Bryan jumps at him. He punches him and chokes him. Kennedy kicks him off and does the same to him. Bryan attempts to take out his knife but Kennedy gets up and points the gun at him.

"Now youre gonna put that down or else im shooting" Kennedy said aiming.

Bryan crept slowly over to him.

"3"

"2"

"1"

Kennedy put his finger on the trigger but Bryan kicked his kneecap in. Kennedy falls to the ground screaming in pain. Bryan grabs his head by his hair and shoves the knife right through his brain. Bryan gets up with blood on him and spits on Kennedy.

Mia and Jim are running around trying to find Avery and Issac. They stumble into a house and creep slowly. They walk upstairs and hear a creak.

"Hello?!" Mia yells.

A woman runs down and shoots at them. They get down and Jim shoots back.

"Theres nothing left out there!" She yells.

"Well you can't live with us" Mia yells back.

"We won't! You'll all be dead once we settle in!" She screams.

Mia twitches her neck and runs over to the staircase, she trys to shoot but shes empty. The woman shoots and hits Mia's leg making her fall to the floor.

"NO!" Jim yells. He takes out his automatic rifle and shoots through the wall violently using every bullet on it. He stops his anger and slowly peeks over to see the woman completely rained in bullets and blood. Jim got his gun and picked Mia up.

"Are you okay" Jim asks.

"I dont know." Mia responds.

He takes her outside to go find Bryan.

"Youll be okay" Jim says rushing.

Bryan looks over to see Mias body in Jims arms. Of course he thinks the worst and tears come out. Jim runs over.

"Shes hit, close range to the thigh" Jim says.

He switches Mia to Bryans arms and Bryan runs to Kate's house. He slams the door open.

"KATE!" Bryan yells.

Kate runs down her stairs and sees her.

"Get her to the back" Kate says running.

Bryan runs over and puts her on a table.

Kate grabs medical supplies and rags. She gives Bryan the rags to put on Mia.

"Put those rags on the wound and apply pressure" Kate tells him.

He does what she says while hes crying. Jim and Floyd run in and take over.

"Please make sure shes okay" Bryan says looking into Kates eyes.

"I will" Kate says.

Bryan takes out his gun and walks out of the house. Everything's slow around him and he has an urge to kill every last one of them, which is exactly what he begins to do. Bryan runs around and sees Warriors running to kill somebody else. The Warriors stop for a second and Bryan aims at them all. He shoots back and forth hitting all 5 of them as they all fall to the ground. Bryan steps over them putting his next mag into his gun.