Chapter 28: A Fire's End

Apollo slowly lowers his gun while Eli gets up. Bryan kicks Apollo on the ground.

"This is over" Bryan says.

Apollo backs up and grabs Bryans arm making him drop the gun. Eli jumps over to him but gets punched down. Apollo holds Bryans arm and breaks it.

"Shit!" Bryan says falling backwards.

Apollo takes his gun and shoots at Bryan grazing his cheek. Bryan falls back. Apollo goes over him and chokes him. Bryan can't breathe and Bryan slowly reaches for his pocket. Apollo tries to kill him but Bryan takes his knife and plunges it into his throat making blood go all over Bryan. He pushes him off while Eli gets up. Eli grabs his hand and pulls him up.

"Its over" Bryan says.

Eli shakes his hand while Issac and Avery come out and follow Bryan and Eli. They arrive at Kates house and sees Mia on the table. Floyd and Jim come out to see Bryan all bloody.

"Theyre done" Bryan says.

The others smile looking at eachother.

"What do we do now?" Jim asks.

"Take out the bodies, bury ours" Bryan says.

"On it" Issac says walking out.

"We go back tomorrow to Aldermine to take it back over" Bryan says.

"Our communities will work together, create a system, we'll bring civilization back to the world." Bryan says.

Everyone smiles around him.

"Bry-an!" Eli says.

"Bry-an" Jim continues.

They all begin chanting Bryan as he takes over the role of the leader of Highbury.