Five: Flowers

It's been a whole 24 hours since I last saw Grey. I miss him already. Like seriously? I'm turning into one of those girls on TV who lives and breaths for a guy.

I grab my phone from the nightstand besides me, and look at the time.

11:23 pm

I drop my phone on my chest, and rub my eyes.

I can't believe this. My dream is coming true.

I sit up in bed, and open 'Messages'. I click 'New Message' and type 'Greyson Fox' for the recipient.

I don't know what to say. Do I start off with 'Hi, it's Gabriella', or come straight out and just send him a message saying, 'I miss you'. 

I stared at the screen in my hands for over an hour, typing something and then deleting it, over, and over, and over again. 

2:03 am

I'm still awake. I'm still starring at the blank message, trying to know what to write.

4:14 am

My eyes start to close, and I drift off to sleep. Finally.

****

"GABRIELLA JANELLE JONES!" Jacob yells, bursting into my room. "Lecture hall starts in 20 minutes! Get up!" He grabs me by the shoulders, and drags me to my closet.

"What?" I groaned, rubbing my eyes. "I set my alarm..." I stand up from Jake's grasp and look at my phone. There is no alarm set. 

"Well, you don't have enough time to shower, so just get dressed." He says, rummaging through my closet, and then tossing a gray, camouflage shirt, and a pair of denim shorts at me. Jake sits on the couch in the living room to let me change in peace. 

After I get changed, I quickly put my hair into a messy bun, and slide on my converse. I swing my backpack over my shoulder as I walk into the living room. Jake stands and walks to the door, as he hands me a cinnamon muffin from the Campus Cafe. I stuff the muffin into my mouth as we walk to our class.  

On our way to class I see Phillip moping the floor. 

"Morning Phillp!" I wave from the other side of the hallway. 

"Morning Gabriella!" 

Jake looks at me in shock. 

"You became friends with the 30 year old janitor? When?" Jake questions, pointing at Phillp.

"Yes, yes I did, and it was last night when I was... um..." I almost spill the beans. "When I was exploring the campus." I save myself.

"Oh... Okay." Jake mumbles as we take our seats in the back of the Lecture Hall.

A new professor stands at the podium, and introduces himself.

"Hello, and welcome to the Principles of Economics course. I am Professor Carlos Lopez. I moved to the United States from Spain when I was eighteen, and graduated from Stanford in 2013." 

I took notes on everything last detail of what Professor told us, knowing that we would have an essay due the following week. College doesn't have mercy. 

****

I had three classes today. Now that may not seem like a lot, but when each course is 2 and a half hours long, it is.  I drop my backpack on the floor next to my desk, and flop onto my mattress. 

Only two days into college, and I'm exhausted.

I walk to Paris and my mini kitchen, and pull out a microwaveable pack of Ramen Noodles. I lean on the counter as it's cooking, staring at my 'messages'. I really want to text Greyson, but I don't know what to say.