Chapter 20

Unfortunately, me and Sally didn't get to discuss the topic further, on the account of the steering wheel that had caught fire. She managed to calm me down enough that I could start driving to get us home, but with the way I was driving I probably left actual flames on the road behind us. I dropped Sally off at home and raced to my own, desperate to relieve some of this anger. I knew if I went to the trios house right now, their house would get burnt down, so even with the fire blazing inside me, I needed to be calm when I approached them. That made me laugh, I knew I wouldn't be calm, so I needed to be calmer than I was right now.

"Are you alright, Layla?" I heard my mum shout as I rushed through the house and out the back door.

"Get water" I screamed at her, as I all but shattered the glass doors, right before I pretty much combusted, and I set an innocent tree on fire. Luckily, my parents were pretty quick in accessing the water and before it could spread any further, had put it out. Like many times before, I just gave them a sheepish look, whilst they both looked at me with startled expressions. I really need to get myself together.

The next day, I was still angry, but not enough to set fire to anything. If anything, I just had a determined feeling inside, a feeling that after today, I wasn't going to be on speaking terms to the trio for a very long time. Except, I couldn't find them, which was typical really. Anytime that I didn't want to see them, they're constantly in my eye line, and when I really did need to see and speak to them, they were no where to be found. What made my day even more bizarre, was that Sally wasn't in either, but the fact it was her birthday and with everything that had been happening recently, made it seem a bit more normal.

"Where exactly is Sally?" Tamara was already in and sat at her seat, but the seat next to her was empty.

"I've not a clue, I've text her saying happy birthday and tried to call her to see where she was, but there was no answer" it wasn't unusual for one of us not to be here, it was just unusual for one of us not to be here on our birthday. No matter how much we despised the schools and lessons, we loved to celebrate the birthday together.

"She's probably out with her family celebrating, I don't blame her to be honest" I shrugged, just glad she wasn't in so she had to endure more of the trios bullying. I was reminded of what I had to do when I saw them and my mood instantly darkened, which Tamara saw.

"Oh no, I know that look. Who's getting mauled?" I gave her a dry stare, and she just returned it with a blank one, waiting for my answer. Except, when I told her who the problem was, she looked like she didn't believe me.

"Seriously, that's what Sally told me" Tamara was shaking her head and it was starting to infuriate me.

"Don't give me that look Layla, I'm not saying she's lying, I just think it's completely out of character for them. I've slightly become friends with them as well remember? And I can honestly say that I don't think one of them have that kind of bone in their body." I narrowed my eyes at her, partly because she was saying she doesn't believe her other best friend, and partly because she says she's been speaking to them, which must include Luka. I knew I shouldn't be jealous of my best friend, but I couldn't help it. My mind drifted back to our training session, and I could feel myself slipping into a daydream about him, which was happening a lot recently, and pulled myself back out. I couldn't do that anymore. I couldn't be with someone who bullied my best friend.

"Well regardless of what you do and don't think, I'm going to find them, or even one of them, and I'm going to be having words." Tamara sighed, with a note of annoyance in it

"I know what you're like when you're like this, and I know that there's no stopping you, so all I'm saying is don't go to them all guns blazing, because you might say something you will definitely regret in the future, to someone you might want to see in yours, for a very long time." I felt my eyes bug out, but she answered me before I could ask her what she meant.