Chapter 8

I laughed. Seriously, what else could I do?

"The Elementals? No, you're joking me." I looked for signs on any of their faces that they were having a laugh with me, but they were deadly serious, even Romans face still was.

"I don't believe you" Luka raised an eyebrow.

"You know your own power, why would you not believe that other people have them as well?"

"I'm not saying other people don't have them, I'm just saying I don't believe that you have them. I think you've seen me slip up, and decided to play a prank on me, some sick sort of joke."

I could feel my anger starting to burn my body, how dare that they mock me? I need serious help and knowledge, and instead they've brought me here, to laugh at me. I  could feel the fire slowly slithering through my veins and in all honestly, it was a good thing that the ground was receiving the most of my attention, otherwise I'm sure I would've set someone on fire. Well unfortunately for me, no one, or or no thing, was getting set on fire, because in the last moment that I was one hundred percent sure that the dried grass I was staring at hard was going to go up in flames, I felt a huge splash of water get thrown at my body.

"Did you just throw water at me? Are you serious?" I looked up to see who had the nerve to do it, but no one was holding anything that big of a size to produce that amount of water that had landed on me. Lukas smirking face showed that he was the most likely suspect though, and my temporarily cooled down body back shot up in flames.

"You come out here, mock me, then drench me. I knew this is what would happen, I knew if anyone knew about my power that I'd be labelled a freak."

Lukas smirk dropped, and his face split to anger, but only for a brief second. Instantly his face went back to being neutral, but i'm certain I saw a flicker of sympathy on his face. He stepped forward and opened his mouth to talk, but I was done talking. I lifted my arm to stop him, but was shocked when my body reacted instead of my mind, and a small bit of fire shot from my hand. I watched as the fire seemed to go slow motion towards Luka, the direction being his torso, when the unimaginable happened. A gush of water came from Lukas palm, extinguishing my seemingly pathetic ball of fire within seconds.

It went quiet, and I had three pairs of wide, shocked eyes on me. I started panicking then because I didn't actually mean to do that, my body just acted by itself. I felt my breathing get faster, and I realised that I was unsafe. If my body does that without my mind telling it not to,  who knows what damage I could do in the future. I looked at Luka, his eyes the widest I'd ever seen them, like he couldn't believe I had tried to attack him, but neither could I. I just didn't want him near me, I didn't want to burn him to a crisp. Well actually, he wouldn't have been, the water appearing from his hand was proof enough, but that wasn't the point.

"To be honest Luka, you really deserved that." Three sets of eyes, including mine, now shot to Roman who had an amused look on his face, and that's when something amazing happened. Luka stared hard at Roman for a second, before the smirk reappeared on his face. Slowly, he lifted both arms, palms up, and instantly water started trickling off the edges and I stood still, fixated on it.

"Hopefully, this will teach you." He then projected all the water that had built up straight at Roman. However it didn't, as Romans grin just got wider.  At the same time Luka threw the water at him, he had bent down, and in one swift motion slid his hand from the ground straight up.  It wasn't until the water that was going straight towards him, that I was sure would've soaked him, stopped and crashed into an invisible wall, did I know at least a little bit of why he did that simple action.