Chapter 24

Her head whipped around to the sound her name being said, and she went into a defensive position, her eyes scanning the area, but not towards where we were standing.

"Come out, I've heard you, so there's no point in stalking me any further, don't make me come find you" I smiled at the rage in her whisper, because it sounded just like the normal Tamara, but then the smile dropped when I remembered the situation I saw her in right now wasn't like Tamara at all. I went to step forward and Luka pushed me back, shaking his head. I just gave him a blank stare, looked back to Tamara, and ignored his silent warning. I knew Tamara wasn't going to give us trouble, so I waited until he had turned back around to watch her, and ducked around him, into Tamara's line of sight.

"Just what do you think you're doing Missy? I can't believe you're robbing libraries now?" Her whole body went ridged, and she slowly turn around, a shocked expression over her face, and it felt like within two seconds, she had sprinted towards me and was dragging me back in to the shadows. The next thing I knew I was being dragged from her grip into another's, and I felt my skin heat up in anger in being man handled so much. Judging from the lack of reaction from the person who currently had hold of me, it must have been Luka.

"Don't touch her, just answer her question on what you're doing here" Lukas words were quiet, but his his usual coldness when he wasn't messing about was in them. Tamara's eyes widened once again, but not for as long as the first time, before she was her normal self and putting a hand on her hip, a sassy look overcoming on her face.

"I could ask you the same thing" I rolled my eyes and shrugged out of Lukas hold, ignoring his warning by saying my name.

"I asked you first. What are you doing Tamara?" She didn't answer me, and I felt my eyes narrow at her, my mind stuck at what my first thought was.

"Tamara, how long has this been going on? Why didn't you tell me? I could've helped you through this, and why a library of all places?"

"Oh for goodness sake Layla, stop. What are you talking about? Help me with what?" I just stared at her; did she not realise what she was doing? Surely she couldn't be in that deep?

"She's talking about how you were clearly breaking into the library" Both our heads turned to Roman, who him and Talia had stayed towards the back, so quiet I'd actually forgotten they were they.

"Oh, hi Roman, Talia" She stuttered on Roman's name, and that was something I would be questioning her about later, but for now I had to focus on the important matter at hand. I kept on staring at Tamara, waiting for her to stop avoiding the subject, and finally she gave in.

"Alright, I guess I haven't been completely honest with you, but it's not something that I can discuss here, in front of the others" I was going to argue with her, but if it was private, I had to respect that.

"So just to be clear, you weren't trying to break in to the library" She nodded her head, and I sighed with relief, but I wasn't even finished before she had jumped back on to me.

"So I've offered to explain my reasons for being here, but what about all four of you?" I opened my mouth, with a lie already in place, to tell her we were just out for a stroll, but Luka beat me to it, and what he said almost stopped me breathing.

"We've actually come to spy on my dads business meeting" it was part true, part lie, but hopefully it was enough to convince Tamara. I sneaked a peak at her face to see and I saw that it wasn't.

"Well, actually, I'd also come to spy on a, um, business meeting" this made me raise my eyebrows, but Luka just continued on, cool as normal.