Chapter 4

"Barb, I have a question." I said as I saw Barb get out her guitar.

          "Yeah?"

          "How exactly did you get that guitar?"

         "Uhm, I bought it off of someone?" Barb responded with worry in her expression.

         "How did you buy that off? We know you don't have money for shit." Deb said as she crossed her arms and smirked.

        "None of your business." Barb said as she got up.

        "Now I'm worried about this kid." Spag whispered.

        "Shut it Spag." Barb said with an attitude.

        Linda chuckled, who was beside Spag on the couch.

       "Alright, I'm bored. Who wants to go outside?" Wendy asked.

       Everyone got jittery as she asked that and in two seconds they were out the door.

      "Wow, and I know they didn't finish their homework yet." I chuckled at Wanda.

      "Yeah. Lunatics." Wanda snickered.

      "Be careful out there!" Linda's mom cried from the kitchen.

      Wanda and I ran outside with the rest of the girls, who were starting a game with a volleyball.

Spag, who plays volleyball, told us the rules.

      "So, because we have no net, let's play a game where you need to keep the ball in the air and whoever drops it is out. Last one wins." Spag explained.

      "Great." I sighed.

       The game started, and Spag decided to strike in the air, and it first went towards me. Barb came barging in and hit it for me.

        "You're welcome." Barb said with a grin. That didn't last long, I got out first. Like usual.

        I was never a sports person. Linda played softball, Wendy played soccer, Barb played basketball, Spag played volleyball and Deb played track and Softball in highschool.

       Me and Wanda on the other hand, don't do any of those. We are in an academics club at school which yes, that makes us nerds. Greaser nerds, I guess.

       I actually want to get a really good job and get away from Anna and my parents that don't care what happens to me. Everyone else just wants to go where life takes them.

      Wanda also wants to get a job and a family, but she's also a daredevil and doesn't care if the world ends for her or not. I'm very insecure about things that could get me killed.

      Not them.

      Not the gang.

      In the end, Spag won, like usual. "Round two?" Spag asked the gang with a chuckle.

     "I'll play!" a random voice yelled from the next house. We looked at the neighboring house where the other gang lives and here comes one of the members.

     His dark hair was stiff as he ran and his teeth were wide and smiling. He was...happy?

     "Who are you?" Spag asked the guy as he appeared.

      "Name's Steve. I was inside with my gang but they are being lazy little shits and-"

       "Steve, cut it out!" Another guy said as he smacked Steve across the head then gave him a nuggie.

        "Soda stop!" Steve cried out as he pushed his friend out the way.

        We were stiff. Confused.

       "Oh, this is my friend Soda. He's my bud." Steve said with a grin.

        "Nice to meet you ladies." Soda said with a smile.

         His smile was quite pretty. Like Spag's.

       "I know you Sodapop. You used to be in school. What happened to you?" Spag asked.

       "Oh, I'm dumb, so I dropped out." Soda responded with a chuckle.

       "I should've done that a long time ago." Linda whispered to Barb, who started laughing.

       "And you want to play volleyball with us?" I asked with a look. Boys never wanted to play anything with us except to give them a good time.

       Not my liking.

      "Yeah, if you don't mind?" Steve asked with a slight grin.

       Spag thought for a second, but agreed.

       The boys were excited, so we played a couple of rounds together.

       No one else from their gang showed up until last minute, and we went back to strangers just like that.

        A brunette with a bigger build walked outside as we were in the middle of a round.

       "Steve, Soda, what the hell are you two doing?" The brunette asked.

       "What Dally, can't we just have some fun? They have a volleyball!" Steve said.

       "You're playing with a bunch of broads." Dally said with a smirk.

       "Who you calling broads man?" Barb asked as she stepped in.

       "Hey baby, what's shaking?" Dally asked with a wink.

       "Don't get all flirty with me man. I'm not gonna deal with your shit over this. If they want to play volleyball with us, they can." Barb said.

       Barb's eyes was mean. I could see it.

      "Don't tell me what to do doll. C'mon you two, we're gonna go to the movies and you're coming." Dally said as he grabbed Soda by the collar and dragged him off.

       "What the heck Dal?!" Steve was shouting out as he caught up to Dally and Soda.

        I could tell they were arguing all the way to the car.

      We saw the rest of their gang hop into their vehicle, which in seconds they left.

      Just like that.

     Strangers, once again.