Invasion and Accidents

Lloyd woke up to the sounds of sirens in the palace. He woke up as quickly as possible, not wondering how he got into his room in the first place, he ran to Harumi's room to find her waking up as well. Lloyd picked her up bridal style and ran down the palace path with other servants who were making it to the safe houses in the village. That was a mistake, it turns out that the attack on the palace was a false alarm, the bandits knew the safehouses was in the village and purposely set off the alarm. The trap was set. 

   Lloyd saw a handful of maids and butlers slaughtered or captured. He stopped in his tracks as a three of them advanced toward them. He gripped Harumi, protecting her from any harm. He waited for the pain to come, but nothing came as two girls blocked their attacks. One had jet balk hair the other, pink. Lloyd couldn't believe his eyes as Nya and the other woman kicked and fought the three bandits. They were sweating as more bandits saw their three comrades, on the ground, unconscious. "There's too many of them! Where's Skylor and Cole, Seliel?" Nya asked as she sliced and kicked one bandit. "They should be here by now! Nya, watch out!" Seliel shouted as a bandit jumped on her and was about to slit her throat. Cole came running and body-slammed him into the tree. "Cole! Glad you could finally make it, I see." Seliel smirked. "Wouldn't want to miss a fight with my lady," Cole said. Then there was an explosion, the three looked up to see a cottage on fire...

Nya's cottage.

"NOOOOOOO! MOM! DAD! SKYLOR!" Nya screamed as wet tears streamed down her face. She ran, kicking and swinging her sword, to her house. She burst into the house to see Skylor on the ground, covered in soot and was heavily coughing. "Skylor! Where's mom and dad?" Nya yelled as she picked up her sister-in-law. "They..cough...They couldn't make it. Nya, I'm sorry, they were upstairs and they couldn't make it," Skylor said weakly and cried. "Noooo!! Please tell me you're lying and there's going to be some miracle that they'll live! Please!" Nya pleaded, as more tears streamed down. Skylor sadly shook her head and passed out. "Skylor! Don't you die on me as well! MEDIC! WE NEED A MEDIC! WATER! BRING WATER!" Nya screamed as Cole, Jay, and Seliel defeated the last of the bandits, the rest cowardly fled. A bunch of villagers saw what was going on and quickly distinguished the fire and tended Skylor. Nya looked at the remains of the fire, as tears, wet and cool, flowed down her face like waterfalls. Kai came running as fast as he can, just to see his sister, his wife and his parents...lost. "Nya! What happened? What's going on?! Please tell me mother and father are alright!?" Kai begged, but he knew as much as Nya knew that there was no hope or miracle that their parents are alive. Skylor came to them as her wounds healed and she was in a cast when she twisted her ankle trying to rescue her mother and father-in-law. Kai, Nya, and Skylor hugged each other as more tears were wept. Cole, Seliel, Jay, Ed, and Edna came into the hug to comfort them, after all, they were all family. After plans were made for a funeral, Lloyd approached them. "Um...Mr. and Mrs. Smith? I was wondering since you have nowhere to live, for the time being, you can stay at the palace and Miss Nya and Mrs. Skylor can work as maids since some of ours have passed and kidnapped," Lloyd said, gingerly placing a hand on Nya's shoulder. Nya slapped his hand away and stood. "I AM DONE WITH YOU AND YOUR PITY! MY HOME IS DESTROYED AND MY PARENTS ARE DEAD IN THE PROCESS AND YOU WANT US TO REPLACE YOUR MAIDS?! CAN'T YOU AT LEAST CARE FOR WHAT OTHER'S FEEL? YOU CALLED ME SHALLOW AND UNEDUCATED AND I CAN TELL YOU WITH FULL CONFIDENCE THAT I'M NONE OF THOSE THINGS!" Nya yelled, holding back tears. "I'M TRYING TO GIVE YOU A PLACE TO STAY AND I CARE OK?! I DIDN'T MEAN TO SAY ANY OF THOSE THINGS! JUST ACCEPT THE JOB I GAVE YOU WHILE YOUR HOME IS BEING REPAIRED!" Lloyd retorted, infuriated and left. "It's ok, water lily. You're both upset, you lost your parents, he's lost his ability to choose," Seliel said, cupping Nya's face and kissed her forehead as a mother would. "But I don't want to work as a maid...it'll make things a lot more awkward. I just don't like the prince" Nya stammered.

"So why not just let me stay?"