Confessions

"Ahhh...Let's see where to begin. Do you remember this morning when I wanted to talk to you for five minutes right? You never let me finish," Lloyd began. "Lloyd, if this is about the argument I don't want to hear, we should just leave the past alone, what's been done is done," Nya said, ready to walk out the door. "Wait! I didn't summon you here just because you're a maid, I just wanted to talk...as friends, please?" Lloyd said, eyeing the floor. Nya sat down and patiently waited for him to finish. "I was talking to your brother because...Oh for goodness sake! Why is this so hard?!" Lloyd said. "Lloyd, if you want to confess something, just let it out. If you keep it bottled it'll just eat you out," Nya giggled, finding Lloyd's action adorable. "Nya, I like you, ok? When I first saw you, I couldn't help but think about you the moment you ran into me," Lloyd said, covering his red, blushy face. "Wait, you like me as a friend? Are you asking me to accept your invitation to friendship? Then I agree!" Nya said, happy to friends with the prince. "No! I like you more than a friend. Nya, I told Kai that you were pretty and seemed clever and I said that I couldn't do that because you were someone that wasn't royal. Kai then yelled at me because he was offended," Lloyd said, waiting for Nya to reply. "Oh, well. Lloyd, I'm sorry that Kai treated you that way, but about the other one..." Nya's voice trailed off. "It's ok if you reject me, it wouldn't work out anyway," Lloyd said as he got up and head off to his bedroom. "Lloyd! Wait, I didn't say that I don't like you back, it's just, I only see you as a friend and there's this other guy in town...he's...I've liked him since we were young, I'm sorry, maybe one day, a miracle would happen and I would see it the other way around, but for now, good night," Nya said, walking out of the room.

   He watched her walk out and asked his butlers to leave him alone, he then collapsed onto his bed and let the tears fall. Never in his life has he had anyone reject like that, it hurt, it stung, and worst of all, he still loved her. Nya walked to her room and saw Skylor already asleep. She went into the bathroom and saw her red eyes and her face puffy, she'd been crying. Not holding back her tears, she let them fall but did not cry. She liked Lloyd, but he was royalty and she was not. They wouldn't work out, and they never will. She liked Jay, but with her time in the palace, there's a chance he'd already fall in love with another. She washed her face and snuck out while it was dark. She walked into the gardens and smelled the lilies. "I didn't know that you also had a habit of smelling flowers in the garden at night, I thought I was the only one," a voice said from behind her. "Harumi! Sorry if I bothered you, your highness, I just needed to clear my mind," Nya said. "Oh, I can help you with that~," Harumi said. Quick as a cheetah, something silver scratch itself into Nya's thigh, arms, and stomach. She passed out to see Harumi holding a bloody, silver knife. "Ahhh, what a sight to see, you know, I saw you outside my room when I was talking to Hutchins about that scroll, I couldn't let you spill that to anyone, I'm truly sorry," Harumi smirked, kicking Nya. Nya yelped as the bleeding got more intense. "It's a shame that you would die like this, but you're important, bandits, lock her up and take her away," Harumi laughed and walked back into the palace leaving the silver knife with the crook. "You, won't get away with this Harumi!" Nya said through her teeth. "Careful, your highness, we'll be gentle, we're just working with Harumi because she offered us enough gold to keep our country alive and running," a bandit said. 

"You're Highness? Country? Since when were bandits gentle?"...