6

Clara POV

Lisa and Adam were buying some food for me and Ryan at the cafe. I stay with Ryan in Alice's room. Ryan sits beside Alice's bed while caressing her hand. I patted his shoulder making him looked at me. "I promised you, I'll not burden you. I know you need to give your attention to your wife." He shook his head, "You're not a burden to me."

"I want you to promise something to me," he slowly put Alice's hand and grabbed both of my hands. "Whatever happened, you need to be strong." I nodded. Lisa and Adam went into the room with food. "Let eat," Lisa said while smiling.

"R-Ryan..." Suddenly, we heard Alice's voices. "She's awake!" Ryan said happily. I quickly called the doctor. "W-Where my b-baby?" Alice asked making all of us shocked. She asked the same question again, Ryan slowly shook his head. "You're lying!" Ryan held her tightly when she struggling to get up. Doctor asked all of us to stay outside. "Alice said she doesn't want to see anyone," the doctor said after she went out of the room. Ryan nodded slowly and walked away. Adam holds my hand when I want to follow Ryan, I looked at him. "Let him be alone for a while." I let out sighed before nodded slowly.

It has been two days, Alice doesn't want to see anyone. I'm sad when looking at Ryan always standing in front of Alice's room. I decide to talk with Alice today, I don't want to see Ryan sad anymore. When I opened the door, Alice turns her body away, making her back facing me. I slowly sit beside her bed.

" Alice..." I started. "I know you're sad about your baby... but think about Ryan too," I saw she wiped off her tears. "Everything is hard for him, he needs us and we need him too. As his wife, you need to stay by his side." I take a deep breath before continuing. "He missed you, he wants his wife back who always with him. I know you still love him and he loves you more. I hope you will think about this and meet him." I said. When I want to open the door, she called me. "Where's he?"

I smiling hear she asked the question, "I'll find him." I quickly went to Ryan's room. I can tell how excited he was when I said Alice want to see him. I let them alone and waiting outside the room.

"What are you doing here?" I looked at the voices, it was Mia. She sats beside me. "You should rest in your room," she said. "I know. Ryan with Alice, so I let them alone." "Really," I nodded. "That's good," she said.

Suddenly, a nurse rushingly went to us. "Your mom is difficult breathing right now," the nurse said. I quickly tell Ryan, we went to mom's room while Mia stays with Alice. We look inside the room, we saw the doctor was trying his best to save our mom. "Mom, please be strong," I heard Ryan said. "I'm scared." he held my hand tightly. A few minutes and so, the doctor went out of the room. "How's my mom?" Ryan asked. We hoping the doctor will say that our mom was fine.

"I'm sorry, we couldn't save your mom." "No! Ryan, the doctor must be mistaken about this," Ryan embraced me tightly. We have lost our parents, now I only have Ryan and Alice.

Someone POV

"We must do something before it's too late,"

"I'm agreed with her."

"We take the baby to a safe place first,"

"What about them?"

"They will be okay,"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes,"

"We need to keep our promise,"

"Our priority is the baby safety,"