10

Ellie POV

"Arnold!" I call out but getting ignored by him. He always hangs out with Clara and ignoring my message and call.

My body fills with anger looking at them. Since Clara has back to school a month ago, they become closed. Leo always blocking me from disturbing them, like he was their bodyguard.

"Ellie," I lazily looked at Julia. "What?" She took a glance at Clara before said, "do you still envied with her?" I didn't answer the question.

"Answer me," she said when I keep silent. "Is that important?" she let out a heavy sighed. "Until now, Maya and I couldn't think what makes you hate her."

"Ellie, I care about you, Maya also. We have been friends with you since the first grade," she added. "Let's forget about this." I only humming, don't know how to respond. She and Maya were my true friends, yet I still didn't satisfied with what I have.

Today, I had training. I change my uniform before went to court. I saw Clara was talking with the coach, she didn't change her uniform.

I do a warm-up before joining the other member training. "Are you sure about your decision?" I hear the coach said and Clara nodded her head.

Coach orders us to gather around after that. "Clara wants to withdraw from the group." The other members looked sad but not for me. Now I have the chance to be the leader. Clara shakes hands with all the member including me for the last time. "Goodluck Ellie," she said, smiling.

Not long after that, I saw Arnold with Leo waiting for Clara. Again, my body fills with anger. I clenched my fist looking at them happily laughing. Suddenly, a ball comes towards me. I didn't hear one of my team member's voices because I focus on looking at them. The ball hit my head hard causing me to fell on the ground. My team member who throws the ball quickly went to me.

"Ellie, are you okay?" she kneeling beside me. "I'm sorry." She apologized but I can't hold my anger and pushed her hard. "Did you intentionally hurt me?" I said angrily. "You're not focusing in the game," she said defending herself. "That's why you didn't become a leader."

I shocked by hearing what she said. We started to fight. We pulled each other hair, she slaps me on the face. I wanted to do the same, but she was quick enough to hold my hands. "Don't think you can get anything as your wish," she said. We continued to fight until the coach separated us aways.

"What's wrong with both of you?!" We apologized, the coach canceled the training. All team member leaves me alone on the court. Her words keep playing in my mind. Its hurt when I touch my cheek, maybe it has a scar.

I went back home while covered my cheek. When I arrived, my sister already home. She went overseas a month ago. I quickly went upstairs but she called me.

"Didn't you clean the house?" She said. "I'm sorry, I busy with school stuff," I said without looking at her.

"Looked at me," I slowly looked at her. "What wrong with your face?" She held my face. "It's hurt." I pushed her hand. "Did you got into a fight." I nodded slowly.

She let out a deep sighed, "I'm tired working for us and now you're causing a problem!" She scolded me. The tear started to build in my eyes. I went out of the house. "Ellie! Where are you going?!" she shouted.

I ignored her and went to Julia's house. She stayed together with Maya. I knocked on the door and the door opens revealing Maya.

Without saying anything, I hugged her and crying. "What's wrong?" she asked while rubbing my back slowly. "My sister." she nodded and invited me into the house. She takes a glass of water and gives it to me.

I drink the water, "Where's Julia?" I asked. "She goes buying the groceries." I nodded. "You can stay here, your cloth still in the room." I thanked her. I always stay at their house when my sister was leaves for work.

Austin POV

I keep looking outside while wiping the door. "Where is she?" I said while searching for Sophia. I still remember that time when she returns my umbrella. It was awkward. I want her phone number but I didn't ask her. I think its too early for it. Anyways I still can look at her when she went back home.

She cute when she flustered. She didn't notice I've been watching her all the time. She always wears her earphones and didn't aware of the surrounding. I wonder if she likes to be alone or no one wants to friend with her.

I was too focused looking outside, didn't notice my boss was standing behind me. "What are you doing here?!" my boss said angrily. Luckily, only a few customers in the shop. Otherwise, it will be more shamed.

I bow and apologized, "Do your work!" He shouted. I obey and quickly went to the back. I take two boxes from the store and bring it to the front. I walked slowly because I can't see what's in the front.

Suddenly I hit a customer making the customer fell on the ground. I shocked knowing the customer was Sophia. "Are you okay?" I help her get up. I apologized to her again.

"No, it's okay," she said smiling. "What are you doing here?" "Did I disturb you?" I surprised when she said that, did she meant she wants to meet me? I smile at the thought.

When I want to say no, my boss interrupted me. Why must he ruin this moment, "My shift almost over, why not we go out for a meal after this?" I suggest. She nodded making me happy. I m quickly finish my work.

We went to the cafe near my workplace. We order and find a place to sit before suddenly a group of a student approached us.

"Hye Sophia," a boy said. "Hye Arnold. What are you doing here?" she asked the boy. "I'm with my friend, who is he?" that boy looked at me. "He... my friend.."

"Hye, I'm Arnold. Her cousin," We shakes hand, "I'm Austin."

"Can... We sit here?" he asked. I looked at Sophia before nodded. They take another chair and sit with us. "This is my friend. Leo, Adam Lisa, and Clara." He introduced.

It's awkward because I didn't talk too much and they keep talking. "Since tomorrow is a holiday, why not we going on a trip?" Adam suggest. The rest of his member nodded. "What about you Austin?" all eyes were on me.

I think for a while. I need to go to work tomorrow but this will be a great opportunity for me to get to know more about Sophia. "Count me in," I said. "What about your work?" "Don't worry about that."