-EIGHT-

SHOTO

Todoroki woke up to warm sunlight streaming through the large glass windows that sat overlooking the village. He sat up and stretched, leaving the comfort of his warm bed to get changed into his puffy white shirt and his vest.

A sharp knock sounded at his door.

"Yes?"

"Shoto, father wants you downstairs. He's fucking pissed, though."

"Thanks, Natsuo," Todoroki opened the door. "Want to come with?"

"Nah, 'fraid that his guests might suspect I'm more than just a servant," Natsuo laughed. He pulled his younger brother into a hug. "Love you, buddy."

"Yeah, yeah," Todoroki tried to escape his hug.

Todoroki was next in line for the throne, but he had two older siblings. Fuyumi and Natsuo still lived in the palace with him, but Shoto was the only one that existed to the kingdom. Natsuo and Fuyumi were portrayed as servants to anyone else who visited the castle. Their father made sure of this because of the immense power Shoto had. To be the strongest kingdom, Endeavor needed the leader to be the most powerful. When the first two of Shoto's siblings were born, Endeavor ignored them for being too weak and hid them until he had an heir that he deemed strong enough.

Shoto did not think he was strong enough to become the next king. In terms of power, yeah sure, whatever, but in terms of mental strength and intelligence, he was the worst candidate. Fuyumi deserved to be the next ruler, no matter what Endeavor said. Shoto was just waiting on that old hag to die so Fuyumi could take her rightful place.

Entering the throne room, Shoto bowed before his father and his frail looking mother before going to take his own seat.

"I thought we had visitors," Shoto said.

"No," Endeavor scoffed. "I need you to do something for me."

"And why would I do that?"

Rei, Shoto's mother, muttered something to herself. She did a lot of that.

"Someone is attacking our village. I need you to find and stop whatever it is. Our citizens will respect you more when you come into power if you can prove that you are worthy."

"I'm not worthy," Shoto mocked.

"You can take whoever you want. Go."

Shoto left the throne room without a second glance.

"What happened," Iida, Shoto's best friend and favorite knight, was waiting for him outside the doors.

"We have to go into the village to stop something or someone or whatever. He wasn't too specific, but I'm sure if we ask around, we'll be fine."

"Just us?"

"Where's Momo?" Momo was another one of Todoroki's best friends and favorite knights.

"She's on some other mission, leading her group. Something to do with some other kingdom."

"The one my father hates?"

"You're gonna have to be more specific."

Todoroki found himself smiling. Iida had that effect.

"Let's go find the others."

Iida waited patiently while Todoroki saddled up his horse. There were always people in the stables that had horses available, but Todoroki liked to use a specific white horse and he wasn't ready when they arrived.