-NINE-

BAKUGOU

The last thing Bakugou had planned was to ask if someone was okay, yet here he was, knocking on Kirishima's door after their morning classes. Normally, he and Kirishima would be out on a run or using the school's weight room, but Kiri had told him that he wasn't going today.

There was no reason to be worried, yet Bakugou was. Something had happened last night and he was trying to figure out what. It most certainly involved Todoroki, since Bakugou never liked how close those two were and Todoroki now just happened to visit his mom after doing something with Kirishima while knowing well enough that Kirishima was Bakugou's... best friend? Fuck.

"Who is it?" Kirishima sounded drained.

"It's me, Shitty Hair," Bakugou said, sounding harsher than he intended.

"Do you want to come in?"

"Do you want me to?"

There was a long pause.

"Yeah."

Bakugou pushed the door open to see Kirishima laying face-first into his pillow. His face was completely covered and only his hair could be seen.

"You good?" Bakugou asked, ready to set off an explosion. He wasn't angry, he was just getting sweaty.

Kirishima rolled onto his back. "C'mere."

Bakugou took a seat on Kirishima's bed. He stared at Kirishima's hand, just sitting on the bed. He reached out and grabbed it, once again harsher than he intended. Kirishima looked up at him softly.

"What's wrong?" Bakugou asked.

"Nothing."

"C'mon idiot. You're acting weird, even for you."

"It's nothing, Bakugou."

"Then we should go on a run."

"No."

"Are you hurt?"

"No"

"Are you sick?"

"No."

"Are you okay?"

"Since when have you cared this much?"

"Don't make me leave you, Shitty Hair."

"Alright," Kirishima sat up, using Bakugou's shoulder to do so. "So what do you want?"

"I want you to tell me what's wrong!" Bakugou was more annoyed.

"It's nothing."

Bakugou groaned.

"Fine, how about we go get ice cream," decided Kirishima.

"What about Denki or Sero or Mina?"

"Can it just be us?"

"Yeah."

Kirishima refused to say anything about what could possibly be wrong for the entire evening. Bakugou went to bed feeling shitty and wondering if Kiri would've told him if he was a better friend. The last thing Bakugou wanted to do was for Kirishima to hate him.

The next day was just as bad.

"Are we going to run after?" Bakugou asked him, sitting on his desk in between health and world history.

"Sure," Kirishima shrugged. "Mina!" He yelled across the room. "Wanna come running for the first part of lunch?"

"Yes!" She said excitedly. "You know I've been meaning to, but I'm too lazy to get up early." She turned in her seat since Uraraka was trying to get her attention.