-FIFTEEN-

KIRISHIMA

"Nervous?" Kirishima asked, doing his hair as Bakugou sat on the counter and watched him.

    "Why would I be?" He scoffed.

    "You're getting new ears, man!" He laughed. Bakugou just rolled his eyes.

    "Technically-"

    "I'm gonna stop you right there. You sound like a real smartass."

    Bakugou angrily pouted.

    "Have you checked in with Uraraka and Todoroki yet?" Kiri asked, changing the subject.

    "Why would I?"

    "Well, I did. They're okay, so you know. Uraraka is good to go to class, she's just gotta change her bandages every night. Todoroki woke up and was fine as well. He still seems tired. I think despite all that dream sleep he got, it didn't count as actual sleep."

    "Thank you," Bakugou muttered. Kirishima knew well enough to keep him updated without making Bakugou ask him outright.

    Kirishima finished with his hair. "I've been meaning to ask, how'd you know how to stop that thing?"

    "The Nomu? Well, after you told me I searched through missing people reports. I pieced together the quirks until I figured it out. I wasn't sure if it would work. Thankfully it did."

    "Amen," Kirishima laughed. "Thank you for saving me."

    Bakugou rolled his eyes. "You sound stupid."

    "You're my hero."

    "Shut up."

    Kirishima hugged him, picking him up off the counter and setting him down. "Let's go. We're gonna miss your appointment."

    They walked to the doctor's holding hands the entire way. It started with their hands accidentally brushing, but Bakugou grabbed Kirishima's hand and he kept it that way.

    Kirishima knew that they were going to end up dating, since they had kissed and slept in the same bed together. Plus, Bakugou was being really touchy and that wasn't something he had ever done before the kiss. They still needed to talk it out and make sure that was something they both wanted, but Kirishima was going to wait until he didn't have to speak slowly and clearly for Bakugou to be able to hear him properly. Besides, he was a little focused on the whole hearing thing at the moment. Earlier while putting in his contacts, Bakugou had made a joke about being blind and deaf and Kirishima was concerned since he never made jokes at his own expense nonetheless jokes at all.

    Bakugou dropped his hand as soon as they got there, but he held the door open for Kirishima, which was a nice gesture. They signed in at the front and waited until the doctor called his name.

    They followed her, a woman probably in her forties, to a room in the back. She asked Bakugou a couple of questions and Kirishima realized that this wasn't his first time seeing this doctor. Apparently, she had been working on things to help his hearing and now all that they needed was to actually give him hearing aids. She headed into the back to go get them, leaving the two of them alone.

    "So you've been here before?" Kirishima asked.

    "Yeah," Bakugou shrugged. "My mom took me when my quirk first started to come in, since I wasn't used to it. She told us that it was gonna get bad. We went again before I started at UA. She ran tests and stuff, saying that I would need hearing aids in five or so years. It hasn't been that long."