Chapter One: The First Day

Y/n's POV

"Y/n. We're ready for you to go on." called the stage manager.

I took a deep breath. Luvies had no idea who I was, but I was about to go onto a stage in front of thousands, and expect them to love me? Some Reveluvs had left the fandom when Yeri joined the group last year, and Yeri is far above my level. What would happen if they hated me? I couldn't let them down.

"Y/n? You need to go now!"

"Yes, sorry!" I blurted out, and made my way through the mess of boxes and equipment to the edge of the stage. The lights were so bright, I could barely see the members beckoning for me to come over. Wendy came over, smiling, and took my hand. She lead me onstage into the centre for the audience to inspect me. I felt all eyes on me, wondering, 'who is this strange girl?'

"This," said Wendy, "is Y/n. She will be joining Red Velvet permanently!"

I expected a silence, and a lot of awkwardness, but I was surprised to see that the Luvies looked delighted. They cheered, and I skipped over to my position in 'Ice Cream Cake', next to Irene, who smiled at me encouragingly.

Luvies waved their lightsticks as the performance came to an end. They loved my added rap verse and lines. It was more than I could ever have wished for. I made a slight mistake in the choreo but I don't think anyone noticed, as they were too busy letting the whole new member thing sink in. We came to the front of the stage for the first time as a group and Joy put her arm around me.

"I'm proud of you!" she whispered.

It was time to start our second performance, 'Happiness'. I had loved this song ever since Red Velvet's debut, when I was still a trainee. I'm proud to say I completed the whole song without making a mistake! By the end of the song, I was exhausted, from the dance and the overwhelming-ness of it all. In the car on the way back, I fell asleep against the window.

When I woke up, it was Seulgi whose shoulder I was leaning on. She was trying to find something in her bag, while keeping still so I could sleep.

"Sorry, Seulgi-unnie..." I murmured, still not quite awake.

"Don't worry, lie back down. I have something for you."

My eyes widened and I sat up.

"Here." she said, placing two small packets in my hands.

"Thank you!" I said, squinting at them in the dark. They were little creamy-white coloured packets and I was very touched to see that they were lychee flavour sweets.

"Seeing as your official colour will be cream, I thought you might like them." she said.

"Thank you so much, Unnie!" I said.

"Maybe you should sleep some more," Seulgi smiled, turning her phone on. "We've got a fan meet and greet tomorrow."

I stopped. This early? Did I have any fans? Suddenly I wasn't feeling so good.

"Are you okay, Y/n?" asked Yeri, causing Seulgi to look up from the glare of her phone.

"Yes, I'm just tired." I said.