Chapter Two: The Creatures of the Night - Batmais!

The sun was perfect outside and I couldn't be more grateful to have the warmth against my skin in such a comforting way.

I certainly felt more relaxed than earlier.

As I made my way to the main deck, a mesmerizing vision caught my attention.

The ocean!

Oh how I love the sparkles that leave traces of the sun on the top of the water.

It's enough to make me chipper first thing in the morning despite having woken up from a terrible nightmare.

No matter, today is a new day afterall.

I make my way to the main deck where most of my crew are scrubbing the floors, hoisting the sails and counting their loot.

"All hands hoay!" I shouted, focused and ready now. Arms crossed over my chest.

My crew all looked up and made their way to the center as I stood right above the quarter deck. Those inside came running outside and now all eyes met mine.

Appearing beside me from opposite corners were Rycan and Layalia.

I shared a serious look with the two of them as they nodded.

They knew my expressions all too well. They understood that I had important news to share.

"We have spent much time together here at sea. Countless hours if I recall, and months in search for clues leading to the map of all maps. And alas, here we are. Avast ye! The map we uncovered on the island of Cavanna was indeed the map that will lead us on our biggest journey yet mates," I started.

Both Rycan and Layalia shared a look with me, their red hairs flaring like fire in the sunlight and their green eyes a mix of hazel and emerald.

I smiled which then brightened up their faces. My crew below all murmured with excitement and looked towards me with a glimmer of hope in their eyes.

"Captain, could it really be?" An older woman on my crew spoke. She had some lines on her forehead and gray silk hair. She wore a navy coat and maroon leather pants, which caught my eyes in the light. She was gazing up at me. Cavailina is her name.

"Aye, it is indeed." I responded.

Rycan shuffled in his place, turning to speak in a low whisper.

"Captain, are you to tell me this is it?"

"Sink me! Aye. We have found it. But it doesn't mean we are close quite yet. I want every one of ye to prepare for the next course. We are setting sail to the western sea. There, I will be able to identify the land to where the map will be and it is from there lads, lass's, me hearties, that we begin our biggest adventure yet. In the meantime, no diddling around. I want to get there as fast as able. I will be navigating us there. Now, Set sail and prepare to voyage to the west!"

Everyone held a fist in the air.

"Aye Aye Captain!"

Then everyone went about their ways.

One older woman in particular stood out to me. Her light brown curls brushing her shoulders against the wind and her dark brown eyes met mine. Her pale skin shined with the sun.

"Bali. Steer the wheel for the western sea!" I called.

At first, she blinked, caught completely off guard.