Chapter Fourteen: An Unusual Circumstance

We made our way back to the doctor's home.

Doctor Havenbane. He seemed like a reserved individual aside from the updates he gave on Tairan's condition.

Thankfully he was getting significantly better by the day.

Aye, in a short time, we can be on our way.

Our crew was still guarding the boat back at the hideout on the other side of the island.

Others were still gathering supplies and preparing for the journey ahead.

Everyone stayed busy until we needed to depart from here.

We all walked inside and met with Tairan who certainly appeared better than he did just the day before.

"Well I am glad to see you alive and about, Captain," he teased.

I gave him a look.

"I got caught up. Aye, I best apologize once more for my inconvenience then," I attempted to respond in pirate lingo.

Tarian smiled.

"But really, I'm happy you're okay. I was really worried there when no one heard from you all day and I was expecting you back."

I smiled crookedly.

"Aye, yes. I'm sorry. But don't worry. Even if I were in danger, I would fight my way through all of it... well, actually, most of it."

He raised an eyebrow.

"Anyway, what's this plan Kivyein says you have?"

He smiled and pulled out a leather bound sketchbook from the desk drawer on the right side of the bed.

He handed it to me.

Before I opened it, I shot him a questioning glance but he only smiled confidently.

After what felt like minutes, I blinked. I examined the image before me thoroughly before looking back up at my brother.

"Aye, you may have just saved our asses." I grinned.

Kivyein, Rycan and Layalia both leaned over my shoulder and took over looking at the blueprints Tairan drew up.

Rycan raised an eyebrow.

"Or you sent us to sink towards Davey Jones Locker." He added, with a smirk.

"How do you know about the ship in this exact detail?" Kivyein asked.

I too watched for an answer.

But then... I realized something.

I already knew why.

"This was the ship they kidnapped me in initially. And while they were all lollygagging along one night, as you pirates like to call it, drowning in their liquor, I tried to escape. It was the only time I could, and I failed of course but I got a good look and layout of the shipt." Tairan claimed.

"You can still remember every detail today?" I asked, curiously.

He nodded.

"To have a memory like your is a gift," Layalia declared.

"Captain..." Rycan began.

I looked up at him.

"Aye?"

"Are we going to go through with this? It be real dangerous draggin' our men down there for this suicide mission." Rycan said.

He was more serious than usual.