Chapter 33

Hermione's head shot up as she heard the knocking. It couldn't be Narcissa. She was with her sister Andromeda for the weekend. "Draco, who could it be?"

"I'll go check," he whispered, getting up. Hermione followed him, watching him open the door while standing on the second floor. "Oh hello Josie. It's a bit late don't you think?" Draco said, leaning against the door.

"I'm so sorry Mr. Malfoy. I don't mean to intrude. It's just the grant application had an issue and it is due in about an hour so I wanted to get it fixed ASAP." she said, holding the portfolio. Draco nodded, looking up at Hermione with a sorry look. She nodded her head lightly and Draco waved his wand behind his hand, putting a glamour on all of his pictures with Hermione.

Josie followed him to his office. He sat down and looked at her with a small smile. "Alright what's the issue?"

"In their system it's coming up that you have a silent partner. Unfortunately for the grant, we need their signature too. But I didn't know you had a silent partner."

Draco groaned and pinched his nose. "I'll be back in just a moment," he said as he stood and grabbed the page. Josie looked at him in confusion but stayed seated. As he left the room, she stood up, picking up the picture frame on his desk. It was Mr. Malfoy smiling, with his arms around a pretty blonde. She thought he was single.

Meanwhile, Draco walked into the library. He saw Hermione sitting on the sofa, reading a book. "Mi?" He called, catching her attention.

"What is it babe? Is everything taken care of?"

"Not exactly. You know how I had to name a silent partner in order to register Malfoy Industries?"

"Yeah?"

"Well I put you down. It made sense at the time, given we were engaged and I assumed we would've told the world by now. I need you to sign the paperwork. I'm sorry I should've told you. I had just forgotten."

Hermione smiled softly, setting her book aside. She held Draco's hand softly and reached for the papers. "Just tell me where to sign." she said sweetly. Draco smiled and pointed at the lines. Hermione held the quill in her hand and swooped it over the line, signing her name. "All done. Now you might want to get back to Josie before she starts looking around."

"I don't deserve you," he said, standing up and kissing her forehead. Hermione rolled her eyes and stood up. "I'll be in bed in 10 minutes. I'm so sorry this ruined our night."

Draco exited the library and walked up the stairs to his office. He opened the door, seeing his assistant staring at the picture frame on his desk. "Paperwork's been signed. Anything else we need?" He asked, handing her the pile.

"Not that I know of. She's pretty," Josie said standing up, pointing at the picture. Draco grinned and looked up.

"She's the most beautiful person I've ever laid eyes on," he said, looking at the picture frame morph back into his Hermione.

"I didn't know you were seeing someone. A lot of girls at the office will not be happy."

Draco laughed and led Josie down the stairs. "If you don't mind keeping it to yourself for now, that would be lovely. We like to keep to ourselves."

"Of course Mr. Malfoy. Although I always thought you had a thing for brunettes."

"Brunettes?" Draco asked, pausing at the door.

"Yeah. You always light up any time Ms. Granger visits. I just thought you liked her. Guess I was wrong. Anyway, have a good night."

"You too Josie. Get home safe," he said, pulling the door closed. He shook his head, laughing. "Hermione Granger, you beautiful woman," he whispered, encircling her in his arms in the bed.