Chapter Fifty

How could I even walk back into Grayson's room after that? What if I fell asleep and said Pierce's name in my sleep? This was all a big disaster. Pierce and I should have just given up trying to hide us. I'm sick and tired of feeling this pain. I don't know why we agreed to this stupid plan to stay away. It's clear that it's killing both of us.

After sitting for a few minutes in the bathroom, I returned back to Grayson's room. I climbed over him and returned back to my former position, and closed my eyes as tight as I could. His arms wrapped around me, but I wanted nothing more than to shrug him off and cry.

As I laid there, I held back bile rising up my throat, thinking about the fact that Pierce couldn't sleep with his own girlfriend but I just slept with Grayson. After having my stomach spin for what felt like hours, I finally fell asleep to the sound of Grayson's soft snores.

I woke up the next morning with a hangover, which had never happened before. I didn't even drink that much, so I had no idea why I was struggling so badly. I gently removed Grayson's arms from around me and got off the bed, grabbing a pair of his sweats from off the floor before heading down stairs.

I had left my crutches at home making the descent much easier. I was so thankful that I was finally healing, meaning I'd get to lose the crutches soon. I only used them when I was going to school, knowing I'd be up and down and around a million times. At home I stuck to just limping around and I had been following that here at Grayson's.

I walked into the kitchen to the bare back of a brown haired boy. The sound of my tip toeing caused the boy to turn around to look at who was interrupting his coffee making. I sighed when his eyes looked at the clothing laying against my skin.

"I'll leave." I started to turn around but his voice broke the silence.

"Everyone's sleeping. We're allowed to be in the same room."

"When that happens you shove your tongue down my throat." I took a few steps in his direction with a smirk playing on my lips. I felt comfort again.

"What can I say?" He ignored the flirting that I was throwing at him, adding a shrug at the end of his statement.

I walked over to the fridge, closing the distance between us completely. An awkward tension filled the air. "Why did you do that?" I finally said while untwisting the lid to the bottle of water I was holding in my hand.

"I needed you to remember that I'll always win you. You are mine and no blonde haired rich boy is going to fuck you and take you away. I also hated you trying to hurt me dressing like that. Only turned me on and I had to hide it from Ally. Because god knows that I don't want to fuck that." I could feel the tension in the room change from awkward to sexual. "But I guess you couldn't help yourself." Pierce raised his hand brushing his fingers lightly against my cheek. "Was it worth it?"

"No." I looked away from him, trying to avoid the cocky expression playing on his features.

"We can't stay away from each other. I can't do it." His thumb rested under my chin moving my face to look at him. "After football season, you're mine. Got it?"

"Are you just saying this so I don't air out all you're dirty little secrets?"

"What about secrets?" I turned to see his blonde haired girl standing there, staring at his gentle touch on my skin. We both instinctively stepped away from each other.

"My sister is hiding things from me and I don't know what to do. SincePierce was my best friend, I needed his opinion on how to get through to her.Despite how much we hate each other now, my sister is important to me and Ineeded help." I looked back at Pierce for a second before exiting the roomsaying nothing more.