<8>

They had finally found the determination needed to erect themselves from the dining room table. Josie and Sophia then proceeded to the living room couch where they threw themselves on it before switching on the television set.

Josie loaded up the Netflix app and found a movie worth watching. A romance movie that by all means would have them going through their emotions for a set period of time. During the movie, Sophia pulled a blanket and lay on Josie's lap and Josie put her hands around Sophia and played in her hair.

Sophia had always loved when Josie played in her hair and it had become so normal and yet so innocent that it was their way of bonding as teens and even now as adults. The movie was almost twenty minutes in when Sophia's phone beeped. She looked at the screen before setting the phone to silent and Josie appeared intrigued.

"Who's that?" asked Josie.

"Just a fool that didn't know what he had!" replied Sophia.

Josie then embraced Sophia before she kissed her forehead.

"Forget all those who hurt you before! I'm here for you! They never knew and they will never know!" explained Josie.

"You're right Jay!" replied Sophia.

"Of course I am! I'm like a wise-ass... Type... Person, thing, or something!" replied Josie.

They both looked at each other before laughing hilariously at Josie's comment.

"You're really SOMETHING alright!" said Sophia as she continued to giggle hilariously.

Josie then embraced Sophia as they continued watching the movie. Once it was over, Sophia took the remote and picked another one for them to watch. This time a dramatic thriller of sorts, with slightly horrific elements.

Sophia was the braver of the pair, so she loved these types of movies. During this one, Sophia had to embrace Josie as she was a bit scared. The warm embrace as Sophia pulled the blanket around them, was just what Josie needed at this point. Her best friend, warm comfort and a movie.

Jump scares were the most annoying and also fun for Sophia as it added an extra layer of entertainment for her. Once the movie was over, Sophia and Josie both returned to the kitchen in order to wash the dishes and clean up. After a movie like that, they both needed something to take their mind off of the ending.

After the dishes, a warm bath and a cool drive to the city was in order. All warm and snug, they both entered the car. Josie switched on the ignition and they were off. The city at night was something different from the hustle and bustle of daytime commute.

The city was calmer than clustered. The lights added to the atmosphere and the few open spots were left to be experienced. Tonight wasn't one for clubbing, but just for cruising. While staring at the outside of one of the clubs, they noticed an altercation in progress.

As things got a bit more heated, Josie mashed the gas in order to get out of the area of effect. What she didn't notice was the handsome guy also moving away from the altercation and crossing the street. He was hit hard and as Josie mashed the brake just as hard, he flew some feet away.

"Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!" recited Josie and Sophia as they panicked.

They exited the car with haste and flocked to the man.

"Sir are you okay?" asked Josie.

"No, I'm not! You just knocked me into next week!" replied the man.

"Should I take you to the hospital?" asked Josie.

"No no! I'll live!" replied the man as he struggled to get up.

As he did, he fell again and Josie was not taking no for an answer this time. They both took an arm and guided him into the back seat. Josie wasted no time in driving to the hospital outside of town.

"What is your name sir!" Asked Sophia.

"It's Devon!" he replied.

"I'm Sophia and my friend who tried to kill you..." Sophia started but was hunched in the ribs by Josie.

"I'm Josie and I never tried to kill you! I'm really sorry about that though!" replied Josie.

"...Yeah! What she said!" Sophia continued.

As the introductions were done, they had arrived at the hospital. They both exited the car and assisted Devon to the stretcher. They stayed with him all the way to the administration desk before finally they had to leave him as they had no access to the area he would be moved to.

Josie started walking away, and Sophia was now torn. She wanted to stay with Devon, but Josie was her ride. Sophia started following Josie, but halfway there, she changed her mind.

"Sophia where are you going?" asked Josie.

"To make sure Devon was okay!" replied Sophia.

"... But we're not allowed..." she started before she was interrupted by Sophia.

"... Not allowed my ass!" said Sophia.

She made her way down the corridor eventually finding the nurse who took Devon. Knowing fully well she couldn't enter the room, she patiently waited outside for any news.

Eventually, the nurse wheeled him out and into the corridor where she advised the two women to have a seat further up the corridor, but Sophia pleased with her that they just wanted to know what was going on with her boyfriend.

"He's a bit shaken up, his heart rate and pressure is okay, but now he needs to go for an x-ray!" explained the nurse.

Josie and Sophia then followed the nurse to the x-ray department where they had to wait outside the door as strictly no one was allowed in there with the radioactive equipment operational. They awaited his return and once the nurse exited the room, Sophia peered through space in the door and noticed Devon lying on a table.

The door was then shut and the red danger light came on, indicating radiology was in occurrence at the moment and no one was to enter at no point during the operation.