<18>

In the next couple of months, things were going well for Sophia and Devon. There were no messages nor phone calls to avoid, so no lies to be told and Devon was contented with the mere fact that Sophia was home and not running around out there. He had his suspicion, but no proof that tied her to doing anything of that sort.

Joshwin hadn't called Sophia since their spontaneous activity and she knew once again that he had gotten what he wanted, so there was no way, she'd hear or see him until his next demonic urge. Josie's phone went unanswered for days at a time, so they started messaging—which also took a toll on the conversation.

Eventually, Sophia had gotten the message and assumed Josie was avoiding her for some reason. Whether it be for her lack of self-respect or her hoe-ish ways with Joshwin and Devon. Either way, Sophia felt alone and decided to stick closer to Devon due to his deficiency of accusations towards her. They would try their best to live a long and happy life, now that Joshwin was out of the picture.

Sophia planned to change her sim card and virtual credentials as to avoid any problems in the future. She deleted her social media accounts and made new ones, also changing her attire. Devon thought it was all for him, but Sophia did it to protect his heart for as long as she could. Joshwin may be away from her now, but next few months or years, no one knows what would be the outcome of his next attack on her heart.

As the days went by, Sophia started to exercise to get some weight off and really keep her mind as occupied as possible. She had even gotten a job in an office in the city that distributed motorcycle parts and accessories. She loved her job and it kept her mind at ease, as opposed to the past experience she had just a few months ago.

Just when Sophia thought she was finally done with supprises and she was the most comfortable, Devon went on bended knees and asked Sophia to marry him. It was romantic, but there were not too many people around, since he was afraid of public rejection. Sophia's heart thumped in her chest and she agreed to his offer, but she wanted to be married in August, so he set in motion, all the arrangements that had to be made before the actual date.

A month later, Sophia woke up vomiting and had missed her period. She was scared because she never wanted a child so soon. Sophia instantly went to the pharmacy and bought two pregnancy tests to be sure if her current situation. Once she got home, she took it in the washroom and it turned out to be positive. She immediately experienced mixed feelings because of this and everything that was going on around her.

Suddenly, Sophia started to worry about her life and what it would be like, now that they have a new life on the way. It took a while for her to process things in an adult way and once she had, she wasn't sure if to keep it or abort. She needed some advice and the only person that she trusted with her wellbeing in mind, was Josie.

Sophia decided that if Josie didn't have the time to communicate, then she would go to her. Sophia got herself into a taxi and made her way to town. There, she was a bit shy—being a country girl and everything. Only because of Josie, she appeared brave in strange places. The city was huge and packed as a matter of fact.

Feet shuffling, vehicles honking, exhaust fumes choking and the reflection of the sun on tall glass buildings didn't do too well with the eyes. Sophia didn't really know what to expect, but she walked around looking for Josie's workplace. Luckily the map was her best friend for the trip and she used it to find a good landmark close to the building.

Once she found Josie's workplace, she entered and looked around in amazement. She was then greeted by front desk personnel who she had to speak to.

"Good day, I'm looking for Josie!" said Sophia.

"There's about several women named Josie here, can you be specific?" replied the woman.

Once Sophia gave her the information she needed, she was directed to her. Unfortunately for her, she worked on the other side of town and she needed to take another taxi to get there. By this time, Sophia was in need of some sort of refreshment and she took a paper cone to the water dispenser where she drank a bit of water to quench her thirst.

As she made her way outside and caught herself a taxi, she started feeling weird and nauseated. She believed that the pregnancy is what was really causing this therefore she didn't bother too much on pondering. By the time Sophia had gotten to Josie's workplace, she was a bit worse than before. She felt weak and dehydrated while fighting to make her way into the building.

Sophia collapsed on the top of the stairs right outside of the building Josie was working at and the security rushed to her and called the ambulance. She blacked out, so she couldn't even tell the security who she came to or what she was doing there. She was loaded up into the ambulance, five minutes later and at this time Josie had now returned from lunch.

Unaware of who the woman was, she was informed of what happened as she saw the ambulance leaving. She continued on her way inside while Josie made her way to the hospital. Out like a light, she only awoke on arrival and started asking for Josie, but her voice was weak and the oxygen mask was covering her face, so no one actually knew what she was saying.