<20>

Five months later, Sophia had already changed her life around. She had gotten a job through Josie and her relationship with Devon was mended and stronger than before. They were still sick and on medication, but they didn't let that bother them too much.

Secretly, Sophia worried but didn't want anyone to know about her newly acquired chronic depression. Sophia wasn't the type to let people know of anything too personal and for this, she suffered dearly. It started taking a toll on her weight, but when others told her about it, she just said that she was on a diet.

Devon hadn't told her anything, since he was too busy to notice, or maybe he knew of her depression but didn't want to stir up any unwanted emotions. Either way, although they were together, they lived a double life amongst themselves. Sophia tried her utmost best to keep a smile on her face even though she knew her life went through a drastic downturn.

Sophia kept the majority of her life attentive to her career and actually achieving the goals she had always wanted to achieve. She was greeted with the chance to travel to Miami to meet with the CEO of the company and observe a meeting that would soon be held. It is an important opportunity to secure some investments for the company and Sophia was greeted with the chance over many.

Before long, she was so happy that she had almost forgotten about her condition. It rarely came up, now that she was in a better place in her life, but once it did, she never allowed it to bother her anymore.

The day had finally come for Sophia to go to Miami and she was excited to finally experience a first-class flight—or any as a matter of fact. It took her as much as three hours to arrive at her destination. Once she had arrived, Sophia was greeted by the CEO himself and a few others before she had to enter the boardroom.

It was the fanciest thing she'd ever seen with her own eyes and there was a view too. The city was active and the beach looked tempting, but she was on a business trip, so there was none of that until maybe after or another time. Sophia, after the meeting, was offered a tour of the city by the CEO—to which she accepted.

Somewhere along the way, Sophia noticed something a bit shady. The CEO offered her a drink to take things a bit easier, but she had to deny respectfully since she knew he wanted a piece of her. Giving the CEO H.I.V isn't a good look either, then her career would be in jeopardy, not to mention the discrimination she would face because of it.

After the tour, she got her things and made her way to the airport where her first-class seat awaited her. Sophia was on her way home and Devon would be waiting on her with open arms. She now had something else to hide from Devon because if he knew about it, he'd jeopardize her career as well and she couldn't allow that.

Sophia had arrived finally back home with Devon, but before making it to the house, she wanted to have a bite to eat. She made it to the food court with Devon and once they had finished ordering, Devon went to find them a seat.

Sophia collected the food and on her way to the seat, she noticed Josie and a younger gentleman sitting enjoying their meal. Josie saw her, but it appeared that she was startled when she noticed her. Sophia—instead of saying hi to her, just smiled and continued on her way to the seat that Devon acquired for them.

They ate their meal and Sophia saw Josie leave with the gentleman a while later.

"Hey, did you see Josie on your way here?" asked Sophia.

"Your Josie?" He asked.

"Yeah, our Josie!" replied Sophia.

"No I didn't!" stated Devon.

"Why? Did you see her?" asked Devon.

"Yes, and she was with a young guy. I think they're together though!" stated Sophia.

"You don't sound too happy for her?" asked Devon.

"I am, but I don't know why a younger guy, especially one that could have been her son!" stated Sophia.

"It's not our place to understand nor judge babe!" replied Devon.

With that, Sophia and Devon both finished their food and were now on their way home finally. Sophia was now really exhausted and just wanted to take a bath and sleep all night. Devon drove them home and just as she wanted, she did. Sophia was almost fast asleep before she remembered something of importance.

Devon was in the living room watching television while Sophia continued digging through her suitcase until she found what she was looking for. She came out to the living room to find Devon, but by this time, he was nowhere to be found. Finally, she saw him staring into the night sky and came out into the cold with him.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" He said.

"I almost forgot I got you this!" stated Sophia.

She handed him a chain with half a pendant, while she dangled the other in front of him. Devon turned her around and fitted hers to her neck and she did the same to him.

"Now we're always together and no one can take any of our places!" stated Sophia.

"No one could ever take your place love!" stated Devon.

They kissed in the warm embrace of each other for a while and there was nothing more beautiful than seeing a shooting star at that very moment in time shoot across the sky indicating—through personal belief, that this love is going to last forever.

Sophia and Devon made their way inside and lay in each other's embrace until they were off to dreamland.

Tomorrow is another day and they both had to work.